Talk

Advanced search

11 days late, BFN, stomach feels weird...WTF?

(11 Posts)
TheMightyPigsbum Mon 05-Jun-17 20:36:47

Hi everyone I'm hoping someone has some experience of what I'm about to describe and can offer some advice/insight...

I have very regular periods have been ttc for about 8 months. For the first time ever this month on 6dpo and 9dpo I had some spotting.

I am now 11 days late with a multitude of BFNs and accept that I am out this month. I assume I just didn't ovulate and maybe the spotting was somehow related to that but the reason I am posting is that I have a very weird feeling in my lower belly, not cramps, it feels like when I've done too many sit ups and the muscles are really tight but without the pain.

I have had it most days since CD28, and am now on CD39 - so here is what I am hoping someone can help with, why? Is it because I'm basically primed for AF and am due a nightmare of a period on CD 56?

TLH0307 Mon 05-Jun-17 22:22:32

I've never been in the same boat but maybe book in for a docs appointment so they can do a blood test and put your mind at ease? Fingers crossed for you xx

TLH0307 Mon 05-Jun-17 23:12:22

Is this a line 2 days before AF is due? I don't want to get too carried away so thought I'd ask you lovely ladies. BFP or no? X

TLH0307 Mon 05-Jun-17 23:14:16

Oh that was meant to go on a separate thread!!!! Xx

PamDooveOrangeJoof Mon 05-Jun-17 23:15:39

Themightypig- do you have any other symptoms? My stomach felt very much like that when pregnant.

I second getting a blood test to see what is what

TLH - hmmm not sure. The line looks grey. Could it be an evaporation line that are common with the blue dye tests?
Do you have any digital tests?

JoJoSM2 Mon 05-Jun-17 23:16:43

It doesn't sound right - it's worth seeing a doctor.

TLH0307 Mon 05-Jun-17 23:17:54

PamDoove it does look grey on the photo but it does look blue in real life. I should wait a few more days! Thank you. I won't accidentally hijack this thread anymore - sorry, I'm new here! confused

DinosaursArentMakeBelieve Mon 05-Jun-17 23:18:55

I don't want to build up your hopes as I know how much of a struggle TTC can be...

when I fell pregnant (after ttc for 11 months and with PCOS) I had spotting and faint line on day before AF was due. I also went to the doctor with strange discomfort in my stomach and Doc told me it was implantation bleeding - apparently sometimes that happens. Also told by doctor that a positive test is a positive test, regardless of how faint the line. I'd get another test or two and do again over the next few days.
So basically new from the very beginning of my pregnancy.

Fingers crossed for you and I wish you all the best x

TheMightyPigsbum Tue 06-Jun-17 07:27:06

Thanks for the advice, and TLH that definitely looks like a line to me - congrats! smile

I've got a dr appointment for next Monday so am interested to see what she says. I've not even had a faint line or a squinter, so now accept that I'm out, I just want to get on to the next cycle!

I did read somewhere that you're more fertile after a anovulary (?) month, has anyone else heard that? Because at (now) 12 days late, I'm well into what should be this months fertile window but am not sure if it's better to wait and see what the doc says?

TheMightyPigsbum Tue 06-Jun-17 13:18:55

Hopeful bump...smile

TheMightyPigsbum Tue 06-Jun-17 19:02:07

One last hopeful bump...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now