Talk

Advanced search

Fertility at 38

(8 Posts)
Veroni1979 Sun 04-Jun-17 15:37:31

Hello ladies,

I feel so upset and fustrated about my situation.. I so need your thoughts and suggestions otherwise I go mad!!! Here is my story : me and my husband have a beautiful 7 year old boy and after a year nagging dh is ok to try for another baby. This makes me so happy I can not even tell you!! So since our decision I had a very long cycle 40 days ...which is very unusual for me. My cycles always 26-28 days. Tbh on that month we had an occaison when I was possibly fertile and had unprotected sex. I thought im pregnant but no test showed positive at any time and AF arrived on the 40th day. I did go to see the gp and he mentioned that might have someting happend but no established pregnancy occured. So this was a huge bummer! After this I was convinced the next cycle will be a breeze to get pregnant like last time (10 years ago...)😜 Well that did not happen... i was using the clear blue advanced digital ov test and i hot a flashing smily face on day 10 which lasted until day 15 when my period started again... honestly i cried for days.. what happend I did not even had an lh surge and got a period on cd15?????? How is that gonna work?? On top of that what makes me very upset is that if i count my days from this cycle for the next 3 months I will not even be home to concieve on my fertile days as I will travel with work...when this became so difficult??? Do I ovulate at all?? What is happening??

physicskate Sun 04-Jun-17 17:15:10

Right when I first started ttc my cycles went a bit wonky. You're putting pressure on yourself which causes stress. Stress can really wreak havoc on your cycles.

Unless you had a positive pregnancy test, it probably was not a chemical pregnancy, if that makes you feel better?

Veroni1979 Sun 04-Jun-17 18:31:11

Im so worried that someting is not right.. will see how this cycle shape up. I just hope I will be back home when I have the Lh surge ... no actually I hope there will be an LH positive day at all...

physicskate Sun 04-Jun-17 18:47:07

There is no way to know if something is wrong until you try. They will do tests if you are over 35 if you've been ttc for 6 months. But that means 6 months of getting timings right!

What treatments you might be offered (if anything is found with tests) depends on if you (or dh) already have any kids.

Veroni1979 Sun 04-Jun-17 19:12:28

Thanks for the reply! Yes I know keep trying ..which is not easy if we not even together at the right time. Im 38 years old btw and we already have a 7 years old boy together. I guess my real problem is that I like to control and plan things well well ahead...and my cycles clearly out of my control (I thoguht I know for sure it will happen as I want it to happen)...

Thnaks for the support once more!

Veroni1979 Tue 06-Jun-17 15:39:33

I sarted to use Clearnlue digital advanced ovulation tests and on cd6 I have a flashing smiley face.. honestly this is just too early am I right? Although my cycles went crazy in the last two months for no apparent reason (40days that 15das ) but on average my cycles are 26-29. I have a feeling these tests are more stressful that the normal clearblue digital.

JoJoSM2 Tue 06-Jun-17 21:46:57

It only means that your estrogen is up not that you're ovulating.

Veroni1979 Tue 13-Jun-17 06:51:39

Hello! This the reading of my clearblue advanced digital ovulation test. Pic attached. It is still a flashing smiley...on CD13 ..do you think it will be non flashing tomorrow? I know you not supposed to read the test but couldn't resist. Im away with work and traveling home tomorrow so it is important that I catch my lh surge..

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: