Talk

Advanced search

Positive Test

(6 Posts)
juliettetango Thu 01-Jun-17 15:29:44

Hey ladies!

I've done 2 FR, 2 one step and 1 clear blue digital.. all positive.. however.. my mum said I need to get the DR to test to make sure??

Surely the tests they have at the GP are similar to at home tests?? Should I book an appointment?

user1488270932 Thu 01-Jun-17 15:44:26

Gps don't do that anymore. If 3 tests say you are then you aresmile congrats!
I mind when I first found out I wascpg with ds I went to gp and expected her to confirm. Was a little bit disappointed she didn't lol! I too had done 3 all positive.

user1488270932 Thu 01-Jun-17 15:44:52

Sorry 5 tests. Lol.

YoureNotASausage Thu 01-Jun-17 15:55:00

Nope, dr has no interest in seeing you. Having said that my GPS surgery when I called to set up my booking in appointment told me to pop down and leave a pee sample to have it confirmed. They were a bit miffed when I declined saying I've a positive test and 3 preschoolers so don't really have the time or energy for that.

Sazwest Thu 01-Jun-17 16:29:05

My docs when I was pregnant with my 3 got me to put a pee sample in to confirm even tho it with each of them I done about 4 tests to make sure all others were right lol xx

emvy Thu 01-Jun-17 17:26:02

As others have said, it's not needed anymore as the doctor's tests are the same as the home ones. In fact, my doctor said she actually bought them off eBay for the surgery? Ha. Anyway, at one surgery I was told to go in and have blood pressure, weight and height done. At another, I was simply told to call back to book an appointment with the midwife at 6 weeks! Probably best to give your surgery a call and just see what their protocol is. Congrats!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now