Talk

Advanced search

Flying abroad in first trimester

(8 Posts)
Mrshand123 Wed 31-May-17 22:49:32

We are ttc and hubby is worried if I fall pregnant before we go Spain at start of October, is it safe? If I fall pregnant this month then I'll be four months pregnant but after will be within first three months. Want to get pregnant so bad but need a holiday lol x

StatelessPrincess Wed 31-May-17 22:58:32

I did it twice and I was fine, I found online on a forum that quite a few women had flown and miscarried later. I was so worried but my doctor told me there is no known link and that it's just that there is a higher chance of miscarrying in the first trimester anyway.

JoJoSM2 Thu 01-Jun-17 06:00:14

I would fly. It's only a short flight and a developed country with a lot of excellent hospitals in case you needed help (not because of flying but generally). I would probably be very reluctant to fly somewhere far with poor access to good medical care.

AndNoneForGretchenWieners Thu 01-Jun-17 06:02:29

I thought for a long time that my first miscarriage was because I had flown on honeymoon. What it really was, was a combination of crap fertility, stress because MIL died on our wedding day, and just plain bad luck. I don't think flying increases the risk.

Shredtheevidence Thu 01-Jun-17 07:08:58

I wouldn't worry too much if you are generally healthy but discuss with your doc if your doc before you go. Xx

Ecureuil Thu 01-Jun-17 07:11:48

I flew about 12 times in the first 20 weeks (living in Milan and working across Europe). In fact I flew right up until 36 weeks.The biggest problem is feeling hot and sick on the plane!

TurquoiseDress Thu 01-Jun-17 10:55:30

Just get on and book that holiday OP!

As far as I know, it's safe to fly in the first trimester- unless you have a medical condition that precludes this- am sure someone will be along soon with more knowledge

I've flown on a number of occasions during the first trimester, didn't even know I was pregnant nearly each time

one LO aged 3 and MMC at 12+6
I did not attribute flying to causing any problems, my MMC was just one of those things

Try to relax about it (easier said than done!)

Mrshand123 Thu 01-Jun-17 23:46:17

Thank you everyone smile x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now