Talk

Advanced search

Wierd Period/BleedingTTC Please someone help im driving myself nuts!

(6 Posts)
xTTCTamsterx Wed 31-May-17 14:24:02

I didn’t know where to write this however here goes,
I came of the pill in Feb to TTC. Had my normal breakthrough bleed and a month later my first normal period. Before my normal period and in the middle of every month I get pain either on the left side or right side which happens around the time of ovulation. Now, on the 23rd of March I had another normal bleed but I bled again for 3 days on the 5th of April. Was really heavy at the point so rang the doctor who said it didn’t appear to be of any concern. Had another period rather heavy on the 30th April, all normal bleeding. I started bleeding again on the 17th, so 16 days after my last bleed and it’s now the 31st and I’m still bleeding. It slows down almost stopping until sexual intercourse occurs and its bright red mixed with dark red (almost black) stringy clots.
Please advise, I have another doctor’s appointment this afternoon but wondered if anyone had anything similar happen to them and what their outcomes were if any?

PoppyJ1 Wed 31-May-17 16:42:18

Hi, sorry, this sounds horrible. I have just got back to normal after a very strange cycle for a couple of months; it's amazing what medication or coming off medication can do. The irregularity doesn't sound unusual but the length of the bleed sounds unusual.

I imagine you will probably settle into a pattern so, but I also think it's worth talking to your doc if you're worried. Long shot but have you taken any pregnancy tests? And has there been pain other than ovulation pain? Without wanting to alarm you, is it possible you've had a chemical pregnancy or early miscarriage?

xTTCTamsterx Wed 31-May-17 17:14:02

Hi, thanks for getting back i have done a hpt and it was negative. Doc has done swabs and blood test. Blood test was saying I'm anaemic but got to wait for swabs and he is referring me for an ultrasound scan. Just confused as to what's actually happening to my body. That's the most frustrating part. X

PoppyJ1 Wed 31-May-17 17:20:31

Great news you can rule out MC or chemical pregnancy. If you are under the care of the doc and they're not worried, I would relax and wait for things to go back to normal. My doc gave me that advice last month and I hardly believed him (I had just two bleeds in three weeks and no signs of ovulation for 2 months). This month I ovulated and my period is due any day (but not here yet so fingers crossed for a BFP!) Good luck,

xTTCTamsterx Wed 31-May-17 20:19:46

Fingers crossed for you xx grin

PoppyJ1 Wed 31-May-17 20:43:52

Thanks...Good luck to you too! 😊

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now