Talk

Advanced search

Positive?

(13 Posts)
HansSolo22 Mon 29-May-17 07:46:33

I think I may be kidding myself but what do you think of this? Its a Tesco brand and the faintest line appeared after about 10 mins but it seems to have got a little darker over the last hour. This is with fmu but I did one yesterday afternoon and the same thing happened. Today I am 10dpo. Also did a Waitrose test this morning but it's not showing anything. I know you shouldn't read the tests after the time so i think i already know my answer though...

sleepingdragons Mon 29-May-17 07:49:54

If it appeared after 10 minutes it's inconclusive, you need to test again.

Good luck!

HansSolo22 Mon 29-May-17 08:20:17

I meant the faintest line came up within 10 mins, not after! It was really, really faint though (maybe I was just seeing things!). But it got darker after 10 mins. I want going to test but I felt awful yesterday and my boobs have been really sore for the last few days which is the main symptom I had with both my last pregnancies.

willitbe Mon 29-May-17 08:41:31

Those tests are notorious for a thin blue line, and it is considered negative, the blue dye needs to be the thickness of the control line to be a positive generally, however it could be that your hcg levels are not quite high enough yet, and that tomorrow could give a true positive result. Here's hoping for you!

MaryShelley1818 Mon 29-May-17 15:37:43

The thinness of the line makes me think negative.
Get a pink dye test.

ADiane Mon 29-May-17 21:03:10

I had similar with clear blue early tests. Those shadow lines in the middle and I got really excited. Then I tested again with a digital a few days later and negative. I'm sticking to pink dye from now on.

Scandalicity Mon 29-May-17 21:30:11

Just to add to your confusion OP, I did get early positives on those tests, they looked very similar to yours! I would re-test tomorrow with a pink dye test if you can - good luck!

HansSolo22 Tue 30-May-17 13:26:46

Thanks everyone for your responses! So today I did a Boots own brand early response test (with pink dye) and got the faintest of faint lines within the time which hasn't changed after an hour. I didn't use fmu so I will try again tomorrow morning. I suppose I'm still in with a chance but i fear it's a very slim one!!

HansSolo22 Tue 30-May-17 13:49:28

Here is the picture, it doesn't actually look like anything in the picture but it is a little clearer than it looks there!

sleepingdragons Tue 30-May-17 16:42:37

My faint line is 4 years old! DO said he couldn't see it the first day.

I can't see your faint line but it sounds encouraging to me. Just got to keep testing!

HansSolo22 Tue 30-May-17 16:55:18

Thank you for your encouraging posts. I just took a frer and there is no doubting this one!!

Orlandointhewilderness Tue 30-May-17 17:11:19

Congratulations!

sleepingdragons Tue 30-May-17 17:41:55

Yay congratulations! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now