Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Positive?

(13 Posts)
HansSolo22 Mon 29-May-17 07:46:33

I think I may be kidding myself but what do you think of this? Its a Tesco brand and the faintest line appeared after about 10 mins but it seems to have got a little darker over the last hour. This is with fmu but I did one yesterday afternoon and the same thing happened. Today I am 10dpo. Also did a Waitrose test this morning but it's not showing anything. I know you shouldn't read the tests after the time so i think i already know my answer though...

sleepingdragons Mon 29-May-17 07:49:54

If it appeared after 10 minutes it's inconclusive, you need to test again.

Good luck!

HansSolo22 Mon 29-May-17 08:20:17

I meant the faintest line came up within 10 mins, not after! It was really, really faint though (maybe I was just seeing things!). But it got darker after 10 mins. I want going to test but I felt awful yesterday and my boobs have been really sore for the last few days which is the main symptom I had with both my last pregnancies.

willitbe Mon 29-May-17 08:41:31

Those tests are notorious for a thin blue line, and it is considered negative, the blue dye needs to be the thickness of the control line to be a positive generally, however it could be that your hcg levels are not quite high enough yet, and that tomorrow could give a true positive result. Here's hoping for you!

MaryShelley1818 Mon 29-May-17 15:37:43

The thinness of the line makes me think negative.
Get a pink dye test.

ADiane Mon 29-May-17 21:03:10

I had similar with clear blue early tests. Those shadow lines in the middle and I got really excited. Then I tested again with a digital a few days later and negative. I'm sticking to pink dye from now on.

Scandalicity Mon 29-May-17 21:30:11

Just to add to your confusion OP, I did get early positives on those tests, they looked very similar to yours! I would re-test tomorrow with a pink dye test if you can - good luck!

HansSolo22 Tue 30-May-17 13:26:46

Thanks everyone for your responses! So today I did a Boots own brand early response test (with pink dye) and got the faintest of faint lines within the time which hasn't changed after an hour. I didn't use fmu so I will try again tomorrow morning. I suppose I'm still in with a chance but i fear it's a very slim one!!

HansSolo22 Tue 30-May-17 13:49:28

Here is the picture, it doesn't actually look like anything in the picture but it is a little clearer than it looks there!

sleepingdragons Tue 30-May-17 16:42:37

My faint line is 4 years old! DO said he couldn't see it the first day.

I can't see your faint line but it sounds encouraging to me. Just got to keep testing!

HansSolo22 Tue 30-May-17 16:55:18

Thank you for your encouraging posts. I just took a frer and there is no doubting this one!!

Orlandointhewilderness Tue 30-May-17 17:11:19

Congratulations!

sleepingdragons Tue 30-May-17 17:41:55

Yay congratulations! grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: