Talk

Advanced search

Depression a while after miscarriage

(4 Posts)
Millypad Sat 27-May-17 16:01:24

I miscarried back in October and appear to have only ovulated twice since then. Nothing is happening at the moment and hasn't since March. At the time of the mc I was fairly robust but nearly nine months later (and perhaps not uncoincidentally) nearing the due date I'm in a bit of a state. My work is suffering, I'm sad all the time and a bit of a nervous wreck. I'm at a loose end and wondered if this had happened to anyone else? My husband is wonderful but he doesn't really understand and keeps saying 'oh it will happen' and 'I can't wait to be a Dad' - I know this is his way of dealing with it but I'm just so sad. Please forgive vent, I just wanted to talk about it with people who may understand. Thank you all xx

228agreenend Sat 27-May-17 16:06:50

I think what you are experiencing is a natural reaction. You are grieving for the child you didn't have. It's bound to be a stressful time.

Is it worth ringing up a miscarriage charity and chatting to one of thier counsellors?

be kind to yourself and let yourself heal.

Bubblesblue Sat 27-May-17 16:12:01

www.tommys.org/pregnancy-information/pregnancy-complications/pregnancy-loss/miscarriage/miscarriage-support

Whatever you do, don't feel alone. It's a truly awful thing to happen. flowers

Millypad Sat 27-May-17 19:44:45

Thank you both, that's lovely. It's a rotten time. I hope we get to the bottom of why it's all going wrong. You're very kind.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now