Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

In shock

(9 Posts)
voxnihili Sat 27-May-17 06:48:13

I haven't been on this board for a while as had been struggling with not getting pregnant and had migrated to the infertility board.

DP and I started trying August 2015 but it has been a rocky road as he has erectile dysfunction which made trying very difficult. It's been very difficult to deal with as he is so sensitive about it.

I had a feeling something wasn't quite right with me so arranged a private fertility health check in March which came back that I had a low ovarian reserve. I was devastated, especially as my periods were getting closer together.

On the positive, the result got me and DP talking about it and looking at options. I had an appointment at a private IVF clinic to discuss things as I felt that time was running out. My GP also referred me for day 21 and 2 blood tests.

We had never used OPKs etc as it would have raised the stakes for DP and made the issue worse, but it was a recommendation from my screening so he wanted to try it. We managed to DTD properly once that month on the day I got the positive OPK.

I got the day 21 test done as that was a couple of days after my GP appointment but then sat cursing that AF hadn't started to get the day 2 test done and I'd have to wait until next month as we'd be away. Didn't occur to me that there might be a reason that AF hadn't started ...

SandysMam Sat 27-May-17 06:49:19

Congratulations!!

voxnihili Sat 27-May-17 06:58:41

Thanks, I didn't believe it to start with - 8 tests (including a digital) seem to confirm it.

Hippychic18 Sat 27-May-17 07:00:44

Massive congratulations xxx

FuckyDuck Sat 27-May-17 09:11:50

Congratulations OP!

MiniMaxi Sat 27-May-17 09:18:56

Congratulations!

Viletta Wed 31-May-17 19:01:28

Congratulations! Great news!!!

cottoncandee Wed 31-May-17 20:22:26

Congratulations OP! Wish you happy and healthy pregnancy smile

JoJoSM2 Thu 01-Jun-17 06:23:20

Very lucky smile Wish you a good pregnancy and a healthy baby smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: