Talk

Advanced search

In shock

(9 Posts)
voxnihili Sat 27-May-17 06:48:13

I haven't been on this board for a while as had been struggling with not getting pregnant and had migrated to the infertility board.

DP and I started trying August 2015 but it has been a rocky road as he has erectile dysfunction which made trying very difficult. It's been very difficult to deal with as he is so sensitive about it.

I had a feeling something wasn't quite right with me so arranged a private fertility health check in March which came back that I had a low ovarian reserve. I was devastated, especially as my periods were getting closer together.

On the positive, the result got me and DP talking about it and looking at options. I had an appointment at a private IVF clinic to discuss things as I felt that time was running out. My GP also referred me for day 21 and 2 blood tests.

We had never used OPKs etc as it would have raised the stakes for DP and made the issue worse, but it was a recommendation from my screening so he wanted to try it. We managed to DTD properly once that month on the day I got the positive OPK.

I got the day 21 test done as that was a couple of days after my GP appointment but then sat cursing that AF hadn't started to get the day 2 test done and I'd have to wait until next month as we'd be away. Didn't occur to me that there might be a reason that AF hadn't started ...

SandysMam Sat 27-May-17 06:49:19

Congratulations!!

voxnihili Sat 27-May-17 06:58:41

Thanks, I didn't believe it to start with - 8 tests (including a digital) seem to confirm it.

Hippychic18 Sat 27-May-17 07:00:44

Massive congratulations xxx

FuckyDuck Sat 27-May-17 09:11:50

Congratulations OP!

MiniMaxi Sat 27-May-17 09:18:56

Congratulations!

Viletta Wed 31-May-17 19:01:28

Congratulations! Great news!!!

cottoncandee Wed 31-May-17 20:22:26

Congratulations OP! Wish you happy and healthy pregnancy smile

JoJoSM2 Thu 01-Jun-17 06:23:20

Very lucky smile Wish you a good pregnancy and a healthy baby smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now