Talk

Advanced search

Endometrial scratch

(7 Posts)
Babooshka1 Fri 26-May-17 22:43:47

Hi there. I just had a endometrial scratch to improve my chances of pregnancy with my next FET. Consultant told me the more it hurts the more successful it is. It didn't hurt me so I'm just wondering does that mean it's not successful? Or is it just

Babooshka1 Fri 26-May-17 22:45:21

Consultant talk?
Anyone got experience in this?
Thank you x

Viletta Fri 26-May-17 22:55:53

Hi Babushka, never heard of this procedure! What's the indications for this? Are you Russian? (Sorry the name got me thinkingsmile good luck!

Babooshka1 Fri 26-May-17 23:08:52

Hi Viletta. Im a kate bush fan rather than Russian smile. So the scratch apparently helps the embryo to stick better to the womb lining. My clinic use it if you have had some unsuccessful fet/ivf cycles.

Viletta Fri 26-May-17 23:24:17

I see! FX, good luck!

MelbourneClown03 Sun 28-May-17 07:42:06

I had an endometrial scratch for my 2nd FET. The little Frostie didn't stick. On my 1st FET, no scratch, little Frostie stuck... but gave up at 11 weeks.

My conclusion? The scratch did toffee for me hmm

I'm now thinking of taking the 'munching pineapple core everyday and watching something that makes me laugh' theories, as I'm all out of conventional treatments. On a serious note, I was gutted the scratch didn't work but apart from when the doctor let the speculum spring out of me, it didn't hurt.

meadowlark3 Mon 29-May-17 00:58:53

You might want to post on the infertility boards for more feedback.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now