Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help! Positive opk negative pg test! 14dpo

(24 Posts)
Blueeyestrying123 Fri 26-May-17 08:13:49

Hello ladies, need your help. We have been ttc for about 9 months properly. I had a smiley face on cb digital opk 15 days ago (2 weeks yesterday).
Today I have negative pg tests both with a cheapie test but also a cb digital. BUT I am getting a smiley face with cb opk. What does this mean! Could I be pg??? Going slightly out of my mind.x

Writerwannabe83 Fri 26-May-17 08:18:58

Have you got any cheapie OPKs you can pee on?

CB Digital are not they good at picking up HCG in the early stages and getting 'Not Pregnant' Results can be quite common until a few days have passed after AF is due.

Can you post a photo of the cheapie pregnancy test you took this morning??

Blueeyestrying123 Fri 26-May-17 08:43:09

Hi writer, thanks for replying. No, unfortunately don't have any cheapie OPKs :-(
I'm going to pop to super drug in a bit and pick up one of their tests, apparently they are more sensitive.
The photo is from this morning.... it's not a great picture but pretty sure it was negative anyway :-(
.x

Blueeyestrying123 Fri 26-May-17 08:47:02

Sorry here's the photo

cottoncandee Fri 26-May-17 08:51:42

Hi I heard that OPK also picks up hormone when you are about to start AF. So it is definitely not a reliable method to test for pregnancy

Writerwannabe83 Fri 26-May-17 12:14:27

Both of my BFPs were initially picked up by OPKs. OPKs do detect the pregnancy hormone but they are only deemed to be indicative of possible pregnancy if the test line is very dark, I.e as dark, or darker than the control line.

The photo attached is off the OPK that detected my current pregnancy on the day my period was due.

I took a cheapie OPK on the day my period was due and got a really strong positive so went out and bought a pregnancy test, which although faint, was positive. I used OPKs to detect my son's pregnancy and my current pregnancy.

It's a shame you don't have any cheapie OPKs because the strength of the line will give a much clearer idea whereas the digital ones can't do that.

Good luck though OP!!!

Blueeyestrying123 Fri 26-May-17 14:11:49

I did read the same some where cotton :-(

Writer, I found an old cheapie pack of OPKs. How long do I have to wait between wee'd to use one?
Also bought some Superdrug pg tests which are 10ou/l. Might have a go later, although starting to get a bit of back ache now, so that might be a sign of af :-(
I just don't understand how I got that smiley face opk this morning. Apparently it only goes smiley when there is a really strong second line confused

Thank you for the photo. Congratulations on ur pregnancy, how far along are u?.x

Writerwannabe83 Fri 26-May-17 15:11:13

I think they say to hold your wee for about 4 hours smile

I'm just over 28 weeks now - feeling fat and exhausted grin

Blueeyestrying123 Fri 26-May-17 15:45:44

So I did a cheap OPKs, a very very faint (like u can hardly see it) second line, so that's cl army a negative now.
Read on a thread elsewhere that if an OPKs is positive in the morning but negative later on it's more likely that it's picking up hcg not lh confused
Got everything crossed. Going to use the sensitive hpt when OH gets home.x

Hotpinkangel19 Fri 26-May-17 18:06:16

Are you sure you haven't ovulated late? X

Blueeyestrying123 Fri 26-May-17 19:22:09

Hi angel

Well I'm not sure. Maybe, but I did have a smiley face digital opk 14/15 days ago confused
So tested with the sensitive test earlier....

Blueeyestrying123 Fri 26-May-17 19:23:53

Pics...

Blueeyestrying123 Fri 26-May-17 19:28:47

Writer I'm sure u look amazing. Although i feel ur pain if ur having this heat wave where u are.x

Writerwannabe83 Fri 26-May-17 19:55:09

I can't tell if there's a little something on the second photo....

Blueeyestrying123 Sat 27-May-17 10:49:46

Well I thought the same but then thought it might just be an evap line. Did another test with FMU, very similar. Very very very faint line.x

cottoncandee Sat 27-May-17 11:01:38

@Blueeyestrying123 maybe you can try to use FRER. They also currently have buy one get one free deal on Boots so I bought bunch to stock up! I am gonna keep my fingers crossed for you smile

Blueeyestrying123 Sat 27-May-17 11:09:04

Oooh thanks Cotton. I'll try and get some today. Good job it's just been payday 😂

Oysterbabe Sat 27-May-17 11:10:06

I got my BFP on an OPK but it was blazingly positive.

juneybean Sat 27-May-17 11:12:33

I think the most recent one you posted is positive...!

Blueeyestrying123 Sat 27-May-17 11:33:15

Thanks Oyster and congratulations.

Ahhh Juneybean, I really hope so. Going to wait until tomorrow morning to do another. Got everything crossed.x

Blueeyestrying123 Sun 28-May-17 07:14:05

So ladies I've just done 2 more tests including one with FMU... what do u think, can u see a line.x

toastedbeagle Sun 28-May-17 07:17:45

I can def see lines in those last two!! Congrats

Blueeyestrying123 Sun 28-May-17 07:21:22

Thanks Toasted. Ahhh so scary but so exciting, just really wish they were darker.x

cottoncandee Tue 30-May-17 17:45:31

Congratulations! Hope you healthy and happy pregnancy smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now