Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Cycles getting shorter but I'm only 20-something!

(6 Posts)
PaintingOwls Wed 24-May-17 22:32:29

Not sure if I am posting in the right place, so please forgive me. My thinking was people on this board probably know more about cycles than I ever will.

I am in my mid-20s and have almost always had extremely regular 28 days cycles. In the last year or so, they have started getting shorter, to the point of 25-26 days, with the exception of one freak 38-day cycle.

So I may be having a slight panic over nothing, but according to Dr. Google my eggs are running out and I'll be infertile. This doesn't seem fair, given my age.

My lifestyle is pretty good, I eat well, run every week, don't smoke or drink and get an OK amount of sleep.

I am not really in a position to be having babies now but I want to one day, but if my eggs ARE running out then I don't want to miss that opportunity.

Does anyone have any insight as to what is, or could be, going on?

What is my body doing?! sad

PaintingOwls Thu 25-May-17 18:13:24

Hopeful bump!

HeyJupiter Thu 25-May-17 21:43:52

Don't panic smile The same happened to me in my late 20s. Went from 28 day cycle (which I could almost predict to the hour) to a 25/26 day cycle. Four years on and sometimes it was only 24 days. However we started TTC in the new year and I fell pregnant on my third cycle. Am nearly 15 weeks now. Am sure you're fine, just your body adjusting to a new phase x

PaintingOwls Thu 25-May-17 22:27:06

But why is this new phase happening?

MangosAndPapayas Thu 25-May-17 22:34:16

All kinds of things can affect your cycle including your circadian rhythm.

Google long haul flying and periods to see legions of women in a holiday romance panic.

HeyJupiter Fri 26-May-17 17:48:32

Not sure why it's happening.. I guess what I was saying was it doesn't mean it's bad/effecting your fertility.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: