Talk

Advanced search

Cycles getting shorter but I'm only 20-something!

(6 Posts)
PaintingOwls Wed 24-May-17 22:32:29

Not sure if I am posting in the right place, so please forgive me. My thinking was people on this board probably know more about cycles than I ever will.

I am in my mid-20s and have almost always had extremely regular 28 days cycles. In the last year or so, they have started getting shorter, to the point of 25-26 days, with the exception of one freak 38-day cycle.

So I may be having a slight panic over nothing, but according to Dr. Google my eggs are running out and I'll be infertile. This doesn't seem fair, given my age.

My lifestyle is pretty good, I eat well, run every week, don't smoke or drink and get an OK amount of sleep.

I am not really in a position to be having babies now but I want to one day, but if my eggs ARE running out then I don't want to miss that opportunity.

Does anyone have any insight as to what is, or could be, going on?

What is my body doing?! sad

PaintingOwls Thu 25-May-17 18:13:24

Hopeful bump!

HeyJupiter Thu 25-May-17 21:43:52

Don't panic smile The same happened to me in my late 20s. Went from 28 day cycle (which I could almost predict to the hour) to a 25/26 day cycle. Four years on and sometimes it was only 24 days. However we started TTC in the new year and I fell pregnant on my third cycle. Am nearly 15 weeks now. Am sure you're fine, just your body adjusting to a new phase x

PaintingOwls Thu 25-May-17 22:27:06

But why is this new phase happening?

MangosAndPapayas Thu 25-May-17 22:34:16

All kinds of things can affect your cycle including your circadian rhythm.

Google long haul flying and periods to see legions of women in a holiday romance panic.

HeyJupiter Fri 26-May-17 17:48:32

Not sure why it's happening.. I guess what I was saying was it doesn't mean it's bad/effecting your fertility.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now