Talk

Advanced search

Testing advice please

(7 Posts)
Daffodil77 Tue 23-May-17 07:25:40

Hi all,

We only started TTC last month (after a long time wanting to) so I really wasn't expecting anything. My sister went the IVF route so I'm very aware things might not be straightforward.

But I'm now on day 31 with no sign of AF. Normally I'm 28 or 29 days. I tested last night after a run, but I had to force a sample (sorry if TMI!). It was negative but I'm wondering if it was the sample that was the issue.

I used a clear blue test, not the digital one.

Anyone had a similar experience?

physicskate Tue 23-May-17 09:34:27

As soon as I started ttc, my cycles became irregular for about 6 months... test with your first wee of the day. Probably late ovulation?

Justmadeperfectflapjacks Tue 23-May-17 09:36:55

Cb aren't a sensitive test (25) . I have been a week late before i had a + on one. Supermarket tests are a 15.

RedPanda25 Tue 23-May-17 09:38:06

I agree with @Justmadeperfectflapjacks, I bought the cb ones and didn't get a positive until 4 days after my missed period. Maybe buy a frer and test with fmu?

RedPanda25 Tue 23-May-17 09:38:17

Oh and good luck!

Daffodil77 Tue 23-May-17 10:10:36

Thanks everyone. They'd sold out of frer but I might try and pick one up this evening and do it first thing tomorrow if I've had nothing then.

Daffodil77 Wed 24-May-17 07:05:09

Tested last night using frer, but still negative. Still no sign of AF, so waiting until the weekend to test again. Thanks for all your help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now