Talk

Advanced search

Been trying for 3 years for second child

(4 Posts)
mellowbean Mon 22-May-17 10:15:01

and I just don't know what to do now...

I had an early 5week miscarriage last August. A year ago had a blood test to be told that I was very fertile and ovulating. Fast forward to the last 3 months and I've not ovulated. Husbands sperms tests are also great. Oh and I'm 44 and overweight despite losing a significant amount of weight its a slow process and time is ticking on.

Can anyone offer any advice please?

I read about IVF, chlomid, blocked tubes but I really don't know where to go from here. I've made a Dr appointment but am I just going to be fobbed off with the age and weight thing?

Oysterbabe Mon 22-May-17 10:43:05

Not what you want to hear but you will almost certainly be fobbed off with the age and weight thing. The trouble is, with the best will in the world, it is probably because of your age and weight that you are struggling. Keep on with the weight loss and read the book It Starts With the Egg. There are things you can do to improve your egg quality. Best of luck flowers

mellowbean Mon 22-May-17 11:29:30

Thanks for your reply Oyster. I will certainly look up the book you're recommending. Thanks

Notalotterywinner Mon 22-May-17 13:10:53

Hello OP, I am in same boat, aged 42, TTC 3 years this month. Had a missed MC at 12 weeks late last year and just had an early MC.

My GP referred me to the fertility and I was delighted that they talked to me (they said that they might not due to age), did a scan, sadly didn't get to do the fallopian tube scan as they were fully booked every cycle but they were really positive.

For weight loss I would recommend Slimming World, you haven't time to lose so get this to be a major focus. I am nervous about IVF, not just the cost but the process, I am cutting out alcohol entirely for a few months to see if it helps.

I take Pregacare supplements but nothing else currently. Might try IUI, DH's sperm must be ok as got pregnant twice in 6 months

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now