Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone get a bfp the very month they thought they wouldn't?

(14 Posts)
sureitsgrand Fri 19-May-17 21:04:29

So after a year of trying, a mmc at 11 weeks, and a small fortune spent on tests I got a clear bfp today.
In the same month that we'd agreed to stop trying, due to problems in our relationship and DH abusing alcohol.
We'd just sorted things, agreed to go for marraige counselling and he's promised to stop abusing alcohol. Just back off hols and prior to starting a quite severe diet I said I'd do a quick test that was left over.
There it was, a BFP! I'm nervous because of all that's been going on. We didn't even dtd during what I thought was ovulation.
Dh and I had already agreed to work things out, the drink issue had been worse since the mmc to be honest. So I hope he can deal with this.
So all the annoying people who told me 'it happens when you relax and stop trying' were right.
Wish us luck. I'm half estatic and half terrified.

Sazwest Fri 19-May-17 21:13:00

Aww bless you congrats xx

namechangedtoday15 Fri 19-May-17 21:17:49

Congrats!

Yes, a year of trying. Nothing. Tests said I wasn't ovulating some months. H had a serious health scare (from previous issue) and wouldn't "try" until he'd seen consultant. We were both in bits about possibility of health issue coming back. Remember begging whilst sobbing to GP for urgent referral for him at my desk. Saw consultant who said it was OK, had sex once that night and found out 2 weeks later I was pregnant (it was twins!)

sureitsgrand Fri 19-May-17 21:18:53

Thank you! I have a ds age 2.4 and he will be a lovely big brother.

sureitsgrand Fri 19-May-17 21:21:03

Isn't it so strange gettimg almost a 'surprise' after all the months watching the calender days. Wow, twins, funny I reckon I'm about 5 days before af was due and it was the quickest, clearest line I've ever had! It did cross my mind it could be twins

badgersnotincluded Fri 19-May-17 21:22:19

Yes. After 18 months of trying. The month we did conceive we had sex once during my fertile time as we had guests staying. We were DTD every other day previous months. We were out drinking and eating bad food every night. I wrote that month off mentally, then BFP two weeks later!

Good luck!

sureitsgrand Fri 19-May-17 22:27:31

Thanks, yes I've been eating really badly and drank every day on holiday blush so it's time to get back on track with the healthy eating now!

GreedyDuck Sat 20-May-17 09:17:40

Yep, every time I've conceived it's been in months when I was distracted by something else. Congratulations!

jitterbug5 Sat 20-May-17 09:21:19

This sounds familiar!! We tried for 9 months after a mmc, decided to stop trying this Jan as (was meant to be!) getting married in September. Wasn't until I realised I was 2 days late I took a test and had a clear BFP. Am 21 weeks now :-) We've had to rearrange the wedding (now in 3 weeks!) but I do honestly and truly believe it happens when you 'stop' trying.

Congratulations OP grin have a wonderful pregnancy!

jitterbug5 Sat 20-May-17 09:25:50

I should add I was also drinking all month, was my birthday and we had a weekend away and I spent 90% of it drunk. We also only DTD the once that month as it was such a busy month and I didn't think it was when we were ovulating either. Funny how these things happen!

sureitsgrand Sat 20-May-17 11:10:48

I still can't quite believe it. And it was such a strong line after a whole year of whiter than white tests. But because we had been in a difficult place we began using condoms this month, as having a rocky patch, moving house and just thought if I did get pregnant it wouldn't be the right time, which broke my heart. But I guess this little one had other ideas! Must have conceived very early in the month.
Well I'm over the moon, as is DH. We start marraige counselling next week to ensure we have the right attitude if we hit another bad patch.

sureitsgrand Sat 20-May-17 11:12:44

Jitterbug- thanks for that about the drinking. You do feel bad when you realise but you can't put life on hold either while ttc (or not trying!)

Chattycat78 Sat 20-May-17 20:46:44

Same happened to me. I had a baby after ivf and was given the impression it wouldn't be easy to get pregnant naturally due to low ovarian reserve. When my baby was 9 months old and my period came back, we decided To try anyway. I had extremely low expectations, and only poas "for a laugh" when af hadn't shown up 33 days later. I thought it was because my cycles were wacky after breastfeeding. Nope. Strong line came up immediately. I nearly dropped the test! Now I have 2 boys with a 17 month gap between them!

Ps my tests were extremely dark too and it was twins. Unfortunately the second twin didn't make it, but my hcg was sky high.

sureitsgrand Sun 21-May-17 10:51:35

Aw I am enjoying hearing other stories! My line was very dark the first day Chatty seemed a bit lighter yesterday but that's probably because I can't go longer than about an hour without going to the loo! I 'feel' pregnant already, with my last pregnancy wgich resulted in a mmc I never had that feeling. Fingers crossed all will be good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now