Talk

Advanced search

Vitamin advice please

(3 Posts)
Loxy4527 Fri 19-May-17 10:11:42

Hey all, wanted to get some vitamin advice.

Bit of background: been trying for 7 months, currently sitting out this cycle under doctor's advice due to my last three cycles ending in early miscarriage. He's recommended healthy eating, exercise and continuing with folic acid which I have while I wait for some blood tests.

I was wondering if the branded vitamins are any better. I've been using just super market branded pregnancy vitamins but I'm running out and thought I'd ask about this. Is it a waste of money to go branded? All opinions welcome smile

Justwaitingforaline Fri 19-May-17 10:18:19

Good morning Loxy! I'm sorry to hear about the tough time you're having. My story is similar, 6 months TTC, 2 chemical pregnancies and a miscarriage last month. I've started taking more vitamins this month ( folic acid, zinc, vitamin C and baby aspirin). I'll report back later this month and let you know if it worked!

Kiwi32 Fri 19-May-17 10:23:37

Hi there, sorry to hear you've been having what sounds like a rough time.

As far as I know there is evidence that food-state vitamins will be better absorbed. So instead of the vitamins being synthetically made they are extracted from foods where they naturally occur. I'm not sure about over the counter ones but I use cytoplan which you can get online. If you're willing to pay a bit more they appeal to me more than just a 'brand' if that makes sense. Loads of info on their website too. Best of luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now