Talk

Advanced search

5 weeks and bleeding

(3 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

user1495018889 Wed 17-May-17 12:09:01

I am 5 weeks and 3 days pregnant but for the past 3 days I been bleeding just like period bleed. I been to the doctors they said I should wait for a whole week before they could tell me if I am having a miscarriage or i am still pregnant.
I am very worried, I took few clear blue pregnancy test it says positive.

Has anyone ever experienced this before ? Please help

IonaMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 17-May-17 20:46:47

Hi OP,

Sorry to hear you're having such a worrying time. We're going to move this thread to the Conception topic where we think you'll get more responses.

In the meantime, we do have this page on bleeding which might have some useful information.

We'll keep everything crossed for you that all is well.

MNHQ

Chattycat78 Wed 17-May-17 21:18:18

You can have bleeding and it all be fine. I've bled in all my pregnancies and had positive outcomes 2 out of 3 times.

I would call Epu if I were you and say you need a scan as soon as anything can be seen on a scan (around 6 weeks usually). The gp can't do anything and will only refer you to Epu anyway.

Also there is no point in doing pregnancy tests. They will still show positive even for several weeks after a miscarriage.

Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now