Talk

Advanced search

TTC First Time... #3!!

(332 Posts)
MistyBxx Tue 16-May-17 09:10:38

Hey girlies, thought I'd make a new thread for us to continue on!!xx

Pibbee Tue 16-May-17 09:25:53

Hello, thanks for setting the new thread up @Misty!

I wanna see your wedding blog. I have done literally zero wedding planning. Don't know where to start!

Welcome @carbqueen!

ttcnovice Tue 16-May-17 12:04:35

Thanks for the new thread Misty!

Welcome carbqueen (fab username!) smile

Emma huge congrats! Your DH-to-be sounds lovely, I love hearing people's engagement stories smile xxx

Twisted your appointment with the GP sounds positive, especially after what sounded like a negative experience with your diabetes nurse! I think it's far too easy for HCP's to get caught up on risks rather than recognising how much a person wants to TTC, and helping them to do so in the healthiest way possible instead of advising plainly against.

Good luck to all those in the FW at the moment! Hope lots of DTD is happening!! winkgrin

Sorry I've been AWOL the last few days everyone! I've been away with DH for a bit of a chill out - I think we definitely both needed it! We went up to Scotland in a log cabin with a hot tub, it was so nice to get away from everything and everyone! AF still hadn't arrived but I didn't take any tests with us so as not to disrupt the "chilled" vibe we were aiming for! Anyway I was going to do one this morning but seems there's no need as I finally had spotting, so it looks like AF will be here today. Quite relieved actually as I'd ruled out a BFP from negative tests last week, so I just wanted AF to come so that we could get on with things if that makes sense?

Onto CD1 of cycle 7 it is then smile. Going into this one with a new found sense of positivity, so hopefully that will pay off! 🙏🙏🙏

MrsMelron Tue 16-May-17 12:58:48

Hello ladies! I've just read through the previous thread, so thought it was time to post and say hi. I'm kind of in a limbo situation at the moment. Been married 3 years, just come off the pill (after about 15 years of various types of hormonal contraception). Have been monitoring my cycle using Natural Cycles app and taking my BBT, as have literally no clue what my body is going to do. Hubster says he thinks I should have a few months getting back to normal, but I am soooo keen to get cracking. Feels like I have been waiting forever!! Can see the sense in what he is saying though, especially as work means that I am going to be living away from home in Nov and Dec this year. But I guess there is never a right time! Good luck to everyone in here, I'm looking forward to sharing the journey with you smile

Forevertimes Tue 16-May-17 14:44:10

Thanks @misty

Your break in Scotland sounds lovely @ttc always nice to reset yourselves and get back to feeling so positive!

Welcome @melron! It can take a while for everything to settle down after taking the BCP. But it sounds like your prepared to start tracking your ovulation and when you're most fertile! Good luck!

AF started today along with a full blown head cold! Just in time for my school trip tomorrow! Great!

charl19 Tue 16-May-17 19:28:37

Thanks for the new thread misty!

Sorry have been quiet as well ladies is so hard to keep up sometimes!!

Welcome melron and carbqueen! Hope this thread can be helpful to you!!

Sorry guys, have never don't OPKs or anything like that so I won't be able to help you!!

I'm in a bit of a predicament myself... so AF started for me last Sunday, lasted until I thought Thursday when t had finished. Thursday night it carried on a bit (not loads. Almost like spotting).. all the way through until Sunday night.. since Sunday night I have had really bad what feels like period pains, keeping me up some of Sunday night.. today hasn't been too bad in the day but Is really crampy now. No blood, AF is finished but don't kno what it is. Trying not to worry too much, my sister said it might be my body trying to get back to normal after MC but I have had a normal period in between x

Pibbee Tue 16-May-17 19:41:19

Hello all! I just did a IC OPK for literally NO reason....It was obviously a negative given that I am only on CD8 (although having said that, April CD8 I had a flashing smily on the CB OPK thing...I have decided I hate that thing though!), wasn't expecting anything else!

Welcome @melron!

Hi @ttc and *@charl*, was wondering where you guys got to! Where is @jellybean? @ttc your break sounds ace and good work at stepping away from the pee sticks! @charl that sounds to me like your body is still sorting itself out. Maybe call NHS direct if it is still happening in a day or so?

ttcnovice Tue 16-May-17 20:27:38

Hi melron welcome smile

Forever sorry AF and a head cold has arrived, and just at the worst moment for you - typical hey!

Pibbee after the last few months I'd definitely trust the IC's rather than those annoying CB's!

Charl I agree with pibbee it sounds as though it's probably just your body sorting hormone levels out, but phoning NHS direct or getting a GP app if it carries on or you're worried is never a bad idea!

charl19 Tue 16-May-17 20:47:13

Yeah sounds good guys, been a bit worried but got lots on in work at the moment, don't really want to get a drs appointment just yet., am hoping t will just settle down after another day or two!

Pibbee those tests sound so confusing sometimes!!

Flatwhite31 Tue 16-May-17 21:06:11

Thanks for starting the new thread @Misty!

Welcome @MrsMelron. This is a lovely, supportive thread smile.

@charl, sorry to hear about the pains. I've had a bit of abdo pain today, which maybe ovulation, although I'm not sure!

Speaking of ovulation, the Boots OPK I did today was a bit lighter than yesterday's! I've attached a photo. The bottom one is Sunday, the middle one (darkest line) is yesterday, and the top one is today. Given that it has faded today, can I assume that I have ovulated? Or are they all negative? According to the instructions they are, as none of them are as dark as the control line. I'm so confused. I've given up on the internet ones as I can barely see a thing!

charl19 Tue 16-May-17 21:31:20

Flatwhite sorry I don't know much about these at all because haven't ever used them! If I had to guess it looks to me like yesterday (the middle one) is the ovulation one? If that makes sense! So tired tonight😂😂

Pibbee Tue 16-May-17 21:40:30

@Flatwhite I am not an expert in OPKs....but my 2p's worth is that the +ve OPK indicates that the LH surge is happening, and then you ovulate 12-48 (or is it 36?)hours after the surge. So you will ovulate within 12-48 hrs from the time you did yesterday's OPK (disclaimer: I cannot guarantee that I am not talking shite).

MistyBxx Tue 16-May-17 22:14:11

Hey girlies, so I've been flat out blogging tonight, got so much cool content but takes so long uploading it and arranging it all, I can't wait for you to see it though, I'm so excited but so nervous lol. I promise I will post the link when it's done!
I am CLUELESS about opks. I literally can't even find mine for godsake 😂🙈 honestly I'm a dunce. They've disappeared into think air!!
Welcome to the mad house newbies! Very happy you're here 😊
charl bless you, that sounds nasty. I had a very "normal" first period after the mc last week. 4 days long, pretty light and painless. Im a bit concerned tbh coz everyone, including midwives and gynaecologist said prepare for a very painful and gory first period which will be a long horrible one! So I was pleasantly surprised when it came and went so easily. I'm wondering now though maybe it's the second period is the one to watch? But how was your first one if you don't mind me asking? And I defo agree with the others, even if you don't want to go to docs, ringing nhs direct may be a good idea if you're still in pain in the next day or two chicky Xx

Pibbee Tue 16-May-17 22:32:17

I'm sure the OPKs make everything more confusing. No one seems to know 100% what a positive looks like, what the positive means (ov is happening? Ov is imminent?), and also no one can really pinpoint when exactly ovulation is, as there's actually quite a wide window 12-48 hours! So all that combined with all the hurdles that the sperm have to jump (swim?)through, combined with the fact that the egg only lives for 12-24 hrs after ov (whenever the hell that even is), quite frankly makes it an actual miracle that anyone ever gets pg at all! Why the hell is this process so a) complex and b) uncertain!? Also random q but do animals have the same problems or do they just conceive all the time easily?! My cat had no troubles getting knocked up TWICE.... not that that small sample of one beast is indicative of anything....

I don't even know what I am rambling on about now, so I'll shut upgrin

MistyBxx Tue 16-May-17 23:43:31

pibbee you've got a point! I'm sure it's only humans that have this trouble. Coz animals don't have to chat each other up, flirt, deal with each others dirty laundry, toilet seat misdemeanours and random toenails, they don't have to fall in love like we do. So I reckon they get up the duff easy coz the universe was like they don't have to be together for life, they just need to reproduce, we will make them smell sexy as f*ck on the exact date they ovulate and boom, kittens everywhere! We have the short straw!
BUT on the other hand... humans are so morally weak, can you imagine if it was easier than it already appears to be for some? Lol 😂

charl19 Wed 17-May-17 08:25:02

Misty looking forward to reading your blog, sounds like you've been really busy!!

My first period after was fine as well! Totally normal! Not heavy anything like that, if anything I would say this was slightly more heavy but that's it.. wasn't massively heavy just this cramping afterwards.. sometimes I think it's stopped but now and then I can feel it still. I think nhs direct is a good shout, is that 111? I might ring later if I feel like it's still going on later!

Fingers crossed for you Pibbee that you've caught it at the right time, lots of dtd just to be surewink

Flatwhite31 Wed 17-May-17 18:13:03

Hi ladies, how are we all?
@charl, did you ring 111? Hope you're ok.
@Misty, your animal analogy made me laugh. So true!
@Pibbee, I give up with OPKs! Darkest line was Mon, yesterday's was more faded, and today's is darker than yesterday but not as far as Monday's! Whaaaaaat?! So annoying.
We have DTD everyday in fertile window so far, but having a night off tonight. I'm knackered after having a lesson observation in school, and just want a night in front of the TV! We didn't enjoy it as much last night, as it felt too much like TTC sex if you know what I mean? Will get back to it tomorrow. Hopefully a night off will recharge us both!
Random (TMI) question - do any of you get sore nipples in your FW?

Flatwhite31 Wed 17-May-17 18:13:37

That should say not as dark as Monday's about the OPK! Typing too quickly!

ttcnovice Wed 17-May-17 18:39:11

Flat I think your OPK from Monday was your positive in all likelihood - like the others though I'm definitely no expert as they bloody confuse me to no end! Sounds like you've covered yourself with your DTD efforts anyway though wink. Fingers crossed 🤞🏼

Pibbee Wed 17-May-17 18:51:50

Yeah @flatwhite I think I agree with @ttc although god knows...it looks not quite positive but near enough?!

Flatwhite31 Wed 17-May-17 19:47:30

Who knows ladies. I always have this worry at the back of my mind that I'm not ovulating. Have just seen another pregnancy announcement on Facebook. I feel bad that they make me feel sad!

Pibbee Wed 17-May-17 20:49:23

@flat i know how you feel with the baby bombs! I feel like such a knob for feeling jealous of them but i cant help it! I am also happy for them too of course.

Why do you suspect you might not be ovulating? Don't let the OPKs make you think that. There's several threads on this board in which it's mentioned that people have def ovulated but their OPKs never went properly positive.

Im on CD9 and according to FF have just started FW but Ovia says next week (I've only just started with Ovia tho so not relying on it much). Me and DP just did a quick DTD as Im away the next few days, might as well get one in there! (Romantichmmgrin). Typical to be missing most of FW but sod it, can't be helped!

ChrisPrattsFace Wed 17-May-17 21:23:17

Hi Ladies! I haven't read through the previous thread, but wanted to ask about appointments with GP pre TTC. I'm still on contraception, but will be stopping this soon - I rang to make an appointment with my GP after advice from my fertility dr last year (various reproductive health issues) just so me and DP could have a chat and a health check (RE coming off contraception etc) and the receptionist asked what it was regarding, I told her, and she said they don't do that 'type of appointment'. Any ideas? I didn't make the appointment in the end.

MistyBxx Wed 17-May-17 23:46:59

Hi chrisprattsface (great name 😍) hmmm that's a weird one, have you thought about family planning clinics? They may be more helpful than docs. Although I've had a terrible gp experience recently so I'm feeling like their all shitbags lol 😂

flat (and everyone including myself lol) DONT rely wholly on opks. In Feb I opk'd every day for about 20 days, did not get a single positive and got pg... didn't last I know, BUT I caught! Keep an eye out for ewcm is your best bet. And if you don't notice it much, drink plenty of water coz that's said to increase its production. I don't see ewcm every month but had loads earlier today and am only on day 1 of FW according to clue and not even at FW according to ovia. Gonna dtd tonight anyway lol 😂 I'm quite enjoying without testing! Not that I have much choice since I've "misplaced" all my bloody opks 🙈😳 and haven't bought any more. Just gonna get lots of fun in! Hubster took me out to dinner this evening (totally random for him!) and I've had a couple of wines so he is getting rewarded tonight 😂😂😂

MistyBxx Wed 17-May-17 23:48:24

chrisprattsface that should have been THEY'RE all shitbags. I'm a blogger and a qualified typist so grammar is important to me and I couldn't let myself get away with that one 😂

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now