Talk

Advanced search

Is this the same as withdrawal?

(10 Posts)
RinonaWyder Mon 15-May-17 14:46:51

OK so this may be a daft question, but if you stop having sex halfway through so he can put on a condom, is that kind of the same as withdrawal?

AF is two days late and I'm fully aware that withdrawal is by no means reliable, we're not actively TTC at the moment but it's on the cards in the not too distant future. Might give it another couple of days before testing but just wondered what people thought?

picklemepopcorn Mon 15-May-17 15:00:58

Yes. Sperm can leak out before ejaculation. Don't do P near V sex without a condom unless you want to conceive!

MissBax Mon 15-May-17 15:12:30

It is withdrawal.

RinonaWyder Mon 15-May-17 15:33:33

Thought it was but wasn't 100%. Thanks for that. A baby now would be fine, a bit ahead of schedule but we'd be OK! Like I say I'm only two days late so we'll see.

MissBax Mon 15-May-17 15:35:22

Keep us posted OP, and good luck whatever the outcome smile

RinonaWyder Mon 15-May-17 15:36:52

Thank you, I will do smile

RinonaWyder Tue 16-May-17 15:34:38

Looks like AF has turned up, three days late.

Rude.

Ah well.

picklemepopcorn Tue 16-May-17 18:50:07

There we are then. But unless you want to conceive, I'd try something else!

NoOneLikesACrispyTowel Wed 17-May-17 06:47:48

Sperm doesn't mean leak out during ejaculation.

There is far more up to date evidence of this and that information is wrong.

RinonaWyder Wed 17-May-17 07:58:56

There was only a little smear of blood yesterday so took a test this morning just to see, stupid test didn't work! Have had a little more blood now I'm up though, if AF still doesn't properly turn up I'll try again tonight or tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now