Talk

Advanced search

Clear blue opk

(11 Posts)
user1488270932 Mon 15-May-17 12:49:37

So quick question ladies. I know the leaflet in the box says to ignore the blue lines on the test sticks, but I've just poas there 5 min ago and got a big fat blank circle and when I removed the stick I noticed the test line was considerably darker than previous ones. (First time opk user).
Could this mean I'm gearing up for surge/ov in next few days?? App has this Wednesday as ov day, I also noticed on sat at work when I wiped after going for pee I had ewcm on tissue, and some after since then in knickers.
We Dtd sat night and hoping to pounce on dp tonight and wed night. What do you reckon??

user1488270932 Mon 15-May-17 18:15:46

Anyone??

Ldyjjadeh Mon 15-May-17 19:36:08

Hi I have some of the cheap dipping sticks and there always seems to be a faint second line no matter what time of the month but it has to be as clear as the line that was already there.(I think, anyone correct me if I am wrong I am really new to this) I'd say keep trying them and keep pouncing! maybe look at getting some other sticks too? I'm always weary of electronic things.

MotherofBoy Mon 15-May-17 19:38:24

Hi user the lines on CB opk are weird. As in even when I get a smiley the line is not same strength or darker than control, then they fade to almost nothing! But I'd say if line is getting darker it's on it's way to positive, do another tomorrow!

Mummyme87 Mon 15-May-17 21:49:30

Was that the first time you have poas this cycle?

user1488270932 Mon 15-May-17 21:51:11

Hi there thanks for replies!

So the line isn't as dark as control line but def darker than when I started at weekend. Not had flashing smiley or static one yet, so I can assume then I'm gearing up to ov in next few days? Bought the cb ones as thought they'd be more definitive than working out if line dark enough lol . But here I am asking after noticing it earlier!grin

user1488270932 Mon 15-May-17 21:54:01

I started on Saturday using them. First time using them at all. My cycles had been 25-26 days usually but last 3-4 have gone to 28 to 32 dayshmm so thought I'd start on sat just incase. Been getting ewcm since sat, esp today too so taking that as a good sign?

Pibbee Mon 15-May-17 22:04:05

What cycle day are you on at the moment?

user1488270932 Tue 16-May-17 09:07:39

Right, update. Tested again last night around 5.30ish and still blank but def as dark as the earlier one at 2pm. Pounced on dp last night.
Just after testing again this morn and got static smileygrin so feeling bit better that my body is doing something!! I msgd to tell him we should dtd tonight and sent a pic of test lol. He might not be up for it though as he was up and away to work just after 6 and won't be home til after 10.
If we can't tonight it will have to wait til tmw night as it's impossible in the mornings with 3.5 yr old ds who basically follows me round the house and we are never awake before him as hes an early bird. Would last night and tmw night cover it you think??

NoWordForFluffy Tue 16-May-17 10:30:22

For both of my pregnancies we DTD the night before the smiley and not the day / night of, due to various circumstances.

Much better to have sperm waiting for the egg!

Good luck. 🍀

user1488270932 Tue 16-May-17 11:22:33

Well we dtd last night anyway so fingers crossed! If hes up for it tonight again then happy days! Cant hurt surely!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now