Talk

Advanced search

I can't believe it

(8 Posts)
UndersecretaryofWhimsy Sun 14-May-17 06:54:57

Lost a twin pregnancy at the start of April. Still haven't got my cycle back, and we were planning to wait a few cycles to allow for physical and mental recovery. So we've been protecting... except once.

Felt the symptoms start up again a few days ago, and OMG. There it is. I'm in shock. Mostly good shock, but I'm also petrified that my lining won't have recovered enough to sustain it after ERPC. (Can anyone reassure me on that score?) This is real, right?

Mumofawarrior12 Sun 14-May-17 07:04:16

Aww I really hope this is it for you. No advice on your lining after the ERPC but just wanted to check that your body won't still have any hormones left from the pregnancy hun will it?
Sorry don't mean to put a downer on it and really hope this is a BFP you rightly deserve.
Have you missed your period also xx

UndersecretaryofWhimsy Sun 14-May-17 07:11:13

No, I tested down to 0 after the loss which took about 3.5 weeks. I'm now 7 weeks post so I know it's a new BFP.

While it's also defo faint, it was visible within 3mins.

UndersecretaryofWhimsy Sun 14-May-17 07:12:23

Oh and I have no idea when my period would be 'due', but I guess I was ovulating somewhere around the time of that single unprotected shag. blush

sandgrown Sun 14-May-17 07:14:04

Fingers crossed for you x

Juno2002 Sun 14-May-17 07:18:53

Definitely two lines! Congratulations! My test looks exactly the same as yours this morning. Fingers crossed!

Bmarie Sun 14-May-17 07:44:52

Fingers crossed for you!

I would definitely check with doctor/midwife for their opinion but i miscarried late September and was told you could try straight away as long as everything from the previous pregnancy had come away but they advise you wait for your first period as it's easier to time the next pregnancy... I had one period and then fell pregnant again x

UndersecretaryofWhimsy Sun 14-May-17 09:40:23

Just realised that if this sticks it'll put a real crimp on flying home for Christmas...

Still a bit in disbelief. Thanks everyone. Hope to get a stronger line in a few days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now