Talk

Advanced search

Pregnancy straight after chemical pregnancy

(17 Posts)
BlueeSpottyTiger Sat 13-May-17 20:39:43

Hello, asking this both here and in pregnancy.
Has anyone fell pregnant the first cycle after a cp (chemical pregnancy).
I've just had one today at only 4weeks (early testing 😣)
Just wondering how many ladies go onto another pregnancy straight after. Trying to decide if we should try again straight away or have a break.

Thanks in advance x

physicskate Sat 13-May-17 21:14:58

I didn't... but I've also read about people who have. Took 8 months after the first cp and now in second cycle after the last cp... ovulated this morning, so fingers crossed!!

BubbleLamp Sat 13-May-17 21:19:29

I did.

Justwaitingforaline Sat 13-May-17 21:20:27

Bollocks, I'm so sorry Blue! I've been there, twice now, and it's shitty.
We have yet to conceive and it stick, 2 cp in 6 months, but remaining optimistic, just very against testing until AFTER AF is due to save heartache.
flowers

TreasureInMyTummy Sun 14-May-17 00:03:06

I had chemical pregnancy in January this year. Got pregnant again in February and 13 weeks now. Xx

PrimeraVez Sun 14-May-17 05:29:39

I had a CP in Jan and then got another BFP in March. It ended in a MMC but I was surprised (and happy!) at how quickly I fell pg after the CP. Good luck, I know how heartbreaking a CP can be. I had just 2 days of being pg before it was all over.

LisaSimpsonsbff Sun 14-May-17 09:19:13

Really sorry to hear about your CP. It's​ pretty common for people to fall again the next cycle, though obviously far from guaranteed. I lost at five weeks and fell again the next month (even though I'd been trying for 6 months before that). Unfortunately that one also ended in early MC, but that was just another piece of bad luck - nothing to do with it being so soon. I asked my doctor and she said there was no reason at all not to try again straight away if I felt like it.

Hotpinkangel19 Sun 14-May-17 14:06:36

@BlueeSpottyTiger I had 2 chemical pregnancies in a row and then pregnant with my son, he's 6 now xxx

Rikalaily Sun 14-May-17 15:01:28

I had a CP 2 weeks before I got pregnant with my 5th, got BFP Nov 7th, started bleeding Nov 10th, got next BFP on 7th Dec, she'll be 2 in August smile

BlueeSpottyTiger Sun 14-May-17 17:12:35

Thanks for responding ladies, so sorry for your losses! ❤ and congratulations to those who have either gone on to have another healthy pregnancy or baby 🤗
I think I'll give it another try.. i just can't believe how hard this has hit me, I only knew i was pregnant for 4days and in my head it was my dd's little sibling, playmate and bestfriend. I cannot stop crying. X

sallywiththegoodhurr Sun 14-May-17 17:22:00

So sorry to hear about your chemical @BlueeSpottyTiger x

justdontevenfuckingstart Sun 14-May-17 17:24:28

I tested positive and lost days later, fell the next month. We didn't try or plan anything. We just carried on as normal. Sorry for your loss x

Chchchchangeabout Sun 14-May-17 17:32:33

I did. The hormonal changes mean you have a slightly better chance just after

physicskate Sun 14-May-17 17:38:53

Why did everyone fall the next cycle but me?! Just had a massive baby bomb (best friend fell two weeks before my last cp apparently). Starting to think it's not meant to be/ I have bad karma/ I don't deserve to get pregnant... wtf??

Feeling vulnerable today...

justdontevenfuckingstart Sun 14-May-17 17:59:49

physics so sorry. No such thing as karma and don't you EVER feel you don't deserve it x

Chintaria Sun 14-May-17 18:22:03

Yes, my ds was conceived straight after a cp! I too was devastated and cried lots... Good luck flowers

LisaSimpsonsbff Sun 14-May-17 20:11:40

kate, I'm really sorry for how you're feeling, and completely understand it. The nature of this thread means that everyone on it will be saying they fell again straight away - that doesn't mean that everyone does. I did the same thing to myself with the second loss - I read a thousand 'I had one MC at 5 weeks but then fell again and now I have a four year old!' posts and convinced myself that would be me. Then it wasn't. Other people's experiences are sort of useful, but they don't say much about what will happen to your body. flowers that you're having such a rough time of it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now