Talk

Advanced search

OPK experts - need your help.

(5 Posts)
Fifteenyearslater Sat 13-May-17 14:56:19

I am new to OPKing. I'm
Currently on CD 15 and have just tested my strongest ever test line but am not sure if it would be considered positive or not. It's the one at the bottom btw

Please let me know what you think and also, if you reckon it is positive, how long will I have before I ovulate? My DP isn't around at the moment shock - he is visiting family and I am seriously considering going to get him!

physicskate Sat 13-May-17 15:38:35

Not quit a positive, but I'd say ov within the next 48 hours. Test a few hours after that last one; the surge can come on that fast!

Oysterbabe Sat 13-May-17 15:39:45

I would say not quite positive but almost there. This may be the strongest line you get if you just miss the surge though. I think ovulation is between 12 and 36 hours from the peak. I got my BFP the cycle I only DTD twice, the day of my positive OPK and 2 days before that. I would do it for the next 3 days if you can though.

Fifteenyearslater Sun 14-May-17 09:09:07

Thanks both! I've since tracked DP down and am staying with him and his family. Do you'll think there'll realise I'm only there to DTD because I had a close to positive OPK result?

Down side is, I won't have access to my OPKs till this eve so I might miss the surge. We have only DTD 4 days ago and today which may not have been enough. Still, I'm pleased that (with your help) I identified a close to positive OPK!

Fifteenyearslater Tue 30-May-17 09:07:08

@physicskate and @Oysterbabe I just wanted to thank you both. This was my first month of using OPKs and as I don't live with DP it's even more important that we know when my fertile period is so that we can ensure we see each other.

We timed it all to perfection it seems as I got my BFP on 25th May at 10dpo. Looks like I ovulated the day after my first positive opk, which just so happened to be DPs Birthday.

Thanks again for your help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now