Talk

Advanced search

Best vitamins

(11 Posts)
TeaAndPjs Fri 12-May-17 17:40:05

Hi all smile

Looking for advice on the best vitamin for both me and my partner to take while ttc?

TIA

TeaAndPjs Fri 12-May-17 17:45:22

Should add that I'm already taken a folic acid and vitD supplement

MrsL2016 Fri 12-May-17 19:34:29

I am just taking vit d and folic acid at the moment too but I have only just started ttc. I think some people take a pregnancy multivitamin but I have seen a few posts on here of people experiencing changes to their cycles (not sure if good or bad). How long have you been ttc? I think if I end up trying for a while with no success I will explore some other options. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will be along shortly to advise further.

TeaAndPjs Fri 12-May-17 19:54:27

I had a MMC in Oct started trying after then got bfp in March then had another MMC and d&c last week, want to just make sure I'm at the best I can be which is why I was thinking some extra vits tho I hate the pregnacare multivits, they didn't agree with me at all

Will keep up with my folic and vitD at the mo smile thank you

MrsL2016 Fri 12-May-17 20:01:37

Sorry to hear about your losses. I hope you get your sticky bean soon.

MrsL2016 Fri 12-May-17 20:08:33

Just had a thought about MMC's. Have you tried baby aspirin? I don’t know the ins and outs, again just bits I have picked up from other threads but people suggest it can help avoid early losses.

TeaAndPjs Fri 12-May-17 20:27:50

Thank you! Yeah I've seen people talk about it on other threads too, I might give it a try smile

JoJoSM2 Sat 13-May-17 11:10:18

If you have a varied, healthy diet then folic acid, vit D and possibly omega 3 would probably suffice. Also, sorry to hear about your miscarriages - have you had those investigated?

ForeverHopeful21 Sat 13-May-17 11:55:33

The vitamins that people seem in two minds about are the seven seas trying for a baby prenatal vitamins. However, I have had no problems with them and really like them because they are tiny pills i.e. easy to swallow and also don't cause me any stomach upsets (some have too much iron for my bowels!). They come in a blister pack similar to the pill which have the days of the week on them. I've heard some say that they lengthen their cycles, but apparently this isn't actually a bad thing as it is lengthening the luteal phase. Like I said, I really like them. x

TeaAndPjs Sat 13-May-17 20:13:25

jojo my last 1 got sent away for genetic testing as it was my 3rd MC, it was a genetic fisorder where baby had an extra chromosome, the same will happen this time so will get results in another 3-5weeks!
forever I'll have a look into them smile thank you

JoJoSM2 Sun 14-May-17 00:39:25

So sad... Good luck x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now