Talk

Advanced search

Please talk to me about early BFN's after IVF that turned into BFP's by the official test date

(8 Posts)
ScarlettInSpace Fri 12-May-17 16:40:59

I'm 4dp5dt & stupidly did a cheapo Willkos test at lunchtime which was neg...

I know I know that's too early, and not even first thing in the morning, I'm behaving like a novice grin - I'm an idiot for trying at this stage aren't I?? [OTD according to hospital is next Friday ffs!]

Please come and tell me to ignore it and not lose my positivity! Especially if you got early BFNs that turned into BFPs wink

After 6 years trying this is our last shot - we had stopped altogether 3 years ago but giving it one last try with DE...

JoJoSM2 Sat 13-May-17 11:13:03

No personal experience yet. However, if you tested 4dp5dt, then that's equivalent to tasting 9 days past ovulation or CD23... So definitely a few days too early to see anything. Fingers crosssd for you;)

ScarlettInSpace Sat 13-May-17 11:56:38

Thanks jojo - it probably was what I needed to put me off testing til I'm supposed to! It's just hard to keep the negative ninny in my head quiet!

IndianaMoleWoman Sat 13-May-17 12:15:07

I don't know much about IVF but the negative will give you a good baseline I think? I've seen threads where people are wondering if their positive is "real" or from the transfer hormones, so at least you know those are out of your system and any BFP you get from now on will be "real" (please excuse me if this is a load of nonsense! Oh, and good luck! smile)

JoJoSM2 Sat 13-May-17 16:14:07

Indiana, if only it was that simple lol The 'real ness' is about the fact there is more chance of failure than success with IVF, and a lot of embryo transfers end in chemical pregnancies and miscarriages. Women are always wondering if it's 'real' as they might test positive only to have an early miscarriage 2 days later... confused

IndianaMoleWoman Sat 13-May-17 19:13:00

Ok sorry. I've had a chemical and two miscarriages myself (not IVF), I can only imagine how difficult it is.

Anyway, good luck OP.

ScarlettInSpace Tue 16-May-17 06:26:00

Hey india no need to apologise, and thanks for your message smile

I had to have donor egg so didn't have a trigger shot this time - but I think you're right that the trigger shot can cause a bfp for a few days.

jojo I think once you're on this merry go round you learn so much about what can go wrong, it gets difficult to see what could go right, I do have an internal panic when girls who've got diffed easily then tell everyone the minute they've got a BFP - Inside I'm screaming 'don't tell anyone yet, don't you know how many thing can go wrong?!' But of course they don't & who am I to burst their bubble lol!

Anyway, on a happy note, I had loads of dreams about doing pregnancy tests last night [all +] so I did another cheap one first thing - 8dp5dt - I think I got a very faint line so fingers crossed for OTD on Friday shock

ScarlettInSpace Mon 22-May-17 06:59:34

I just wanted to update this this thread in case anyone searches in the future & wonders what the outcome was!

Well good news wink I tested with a frer on 9dp5dt and got a very definite BFP! Several tests later, still very positive, getting darker & stronger every day grin

Booked in for early scan in a couple of weeks, fingers crossed all is well!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now