Talk

Advanced search

Negative pregnancy test after 3 mins but then faintest line after 20 mins ??

(11 Posts)
Mumofawarrior12 Fri 12-May-17 14:55:24

My app is showing that my period is 4 days late although my cycles arnt always regular. I bought a pregnancy test just to see.

Test showed up negative after 3 minutes but then the faintest of lines showed after 20 minutes??
Iv heard that's evaporation lines may appear once the test is left.

Will post the 1st pic after 3 mins and 1 after 20 mins to see what you think. Xx

Lineeye Fri 12-May-17 15:16:57

I can see the line. Looks like a very early/ faint positive.

Mumofawarrior12 Fri 12-May-17 15:21:12

Thanks *lineeye
Do you think it will be valid being after 20 minutes? X

BakedBeeeen Fri 12-May-17 15:22:49

I agree with lineeye. I had this with DD's pregnancy test - no line within the 3 mins but a very pale line appeared a while later. I believe that you are pregnant!

TheRealCurlySue Fri 12-May-17 15:23:26

When I got my positive it was the same thing. Negative within the time frame but a line was there when I looked that afternoon. I waited a couple of days and retested and the line came up within the time frame. I would test again in a couple of days. Good luck!!

BakedBeeeen Fri 12-May-17 15:24:16

You could try either a more sensitive test, eg First Response, or just wait a few more days before testing again.

Mumofawarrior12 Fri 12-May-17 15:33:58

Thanks everyone.
Feeling very emotional at the moment as my baby is only 7 months old . He was a little miracle as I was told after my first son I couldn't have anymore children after developing PCOS and underactive thyroid. At our 20 week scan only last year we found out he has a rare heart defect and has has 2 open heart ops so far and he still hasn't been home.
Overwhelmed and scared right now xxx

Mumofawarrior12 Fri 12-May-17 21:49:03

So do you think this is def a early positive? Or could it be a evap line... it's detection is 10 IU.

MotherofBoy Fri 12-May-17 21:52:41

I'd do a First Response, they're the only ones I trust not to give evaps. Stay strong

Mumofawarrior12 Fri 12-May-17 22:08:53

Ok will.try and get hold of one tomorrow and will try to wait until sunday to do it. X

Mumofawarrior12 Fri 12-May-17 22:10:52

Just took the test apart... I know your not meant to but it's way past the time now.. can still see the line although fading.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now