Talk

Advanced search

Confused about cycle

(8 Posts)
picknmiss Fri 12-May-17 07:37:23

Hi there, I'm on cycle 5 TTC #2. Had 2 CPs so far. It's quite hard to know my cycle length as the CPs have thrown everything out the following month but it looks like my cycles are 32 days and I'm ovulating later, around cd 16-17.

I started getting faint lines on opk from cd8 this month, the line has been fainter and stronger and then fainter (I really thought I would get a positive today) but still seems to come and go.

I'm cd16 now and we've DTD cd10, 12 and 14 so far. I'm just a bit confused about whether I've ovulated or not as was hoping to do SMEP and DTD when we got a positive and the 2 days after, worried I've missed the surge.

Do we just keep DTD every other day and hope for the best?

picknmiss Fri 12-May-17 07:39:30

Sorry posted in wrong place I've asked for it to be moved

londonrach Fri 12-May-17 07:40:22

No help op but good luck xx

PlayOnWurtz Fri 12-May-17 07:42:47

Throw the opks in the bin and dtd every other day through the month.

I say this as someone who has been ttc for nearly 5 years and had 5 miscarriages. Those sticks will drive you mad.

Oysterbabe Fri 12-May-17 07:46:31

I'd keep going with the OPKs, you might ovulate in a day or 2. Mine could go from a barely there line to a strong positive over 24 hours. The cycle I conceived this time we only DTD on the day of the positive OPK and that was it in the fertile window.

picknmiss Fri 12-May-17 09:23:35

Thanks, I can see from other threads in here that the opks can be quite hard to interpret! I think I'll keep going with them this cycle just to see if I get a positive at all. Maybe next cycle I'll try to leave them alone and just go with DTD every other day. It's hard to let go though, they give some illusion of control in the whole thing!

ForeverHopeful21 Fri 12-May-17 15:50:49

If you're cycle is 32 days and you think you're ovulating around cd 16-17 that would make sense. Just make sure you dtd from around day 13.

I think opks are great if you don't know your cycle so I wouldn't say to give up on them, however, I think using the clear blue ones are a billion times easier to follow. Although they are expensive, it gives you a clear answer. Plus, once you know approx ovulation date, you find that you don't need to use as many sticks each month. x

MissBax Fri 12-May-17 20:02:29

When I had fertility problems ttc my consultant told me to throw all of them away as they just cause more stress and aren't always accurate. We got pregnant after we stopped using them smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now