Talk

Advanced search

Confused

(4 Posts)
Mrsfloss Fri 12-May-17 07:28:22

Hi, this has possibly been asked many times. But I am just wondering if anyone can help.

Me and DH have been ttc for 2 years. I have had blood tests to confirm I am ovulating and am awaiting polpys to be removed. So when everything is ok my side. DH is going for checks, any idea what they do. Do they analyse his sperm? What will. E the next step if his sperm is ok?

Please be gentle!!

Mrsfloss Fri 12-May-17 15:55:12

Anyone?

ForeverHopeful21 Fri 12-May-17 15:57:21

When my GP referred my dh to the fertility clinic, he received a letter and a pot in the post, and was asked to fill the sample pot with semen on a specific date and to hand it in at reception. They would then analyse it to check that everything was ok.
Weirdly, I got pregnant before he had to do the sample. It sadly ended in MC so we're just going through the process again. x

MissBax Fri 12-May-17 19:57:58

My DP had to give sample too - they check for motility and mobility of sperm. His came back fine and the problems lay with me (blocked fallopian tubes due to endometriosis), we started ivf proceedings however became pregnant before we were called in. Keep faith! ❤

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now