Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Abnormal smear

(5 Posts)
suntraveller Wed 10-May-17 17:23:32

I don't even know if this is fully relevant to this board,anyway. Just wondering if anyone has had abnormal cells (high grade dyskaryosis) result back while they were ttc? I was feeling really positive about ttc this month and then I got a phone call from the hospital to go to an appointment. Has anyone been pregnant/in the tww and had this test? Do I have to wait weeks after before trying again?

ragz134 Wed 10-May-17 17:25:26

You can't have sex for a while after the treatment as it burns cells off your cervix, can bleed and increases risk of infection. I had sin3 cells on a smear and they were burned off. It was fine and I conceived normally not long after.

ragz134 Wed 10-May-17 17:27:03

www.jostrust.org.uk/about-cervical-cancer/cervical-screening-smear-test-and-abnormal-cells/treatment-of-abnormal-cervical-cells
Some info here

suntraveller Wed 10-May-17 17:40:51

Thanks for that, I'll take a look at it. Also nice to hear you went on to conceive soon after.

theaveragewife Wed 10-May-17 17:43:17

I had CIN3 cells burnt off and also conceived two months afterwards, I've had clear smears since and this was a four years ago. Hoping the same for you flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now