Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Help confused. Miscarriage then positive pregnancy test.

(18 Posts)
sophieauld21x Mon 08-May-17 23:18:27

Hi well I'm just look for some advice. I'm seriously confused about what's going on. 6 week ago today I Had a D&C and I was taking test till I got a negative. Finally I took two test and both negative 2 weeks ago. So though AF will appear soon. Still nothing and today I took a test and it was clear as day positive. I'm freaking out and don't know what to do or what to think am I pregnant again? Help please

Fridgedooropen Mon 08-May-17 23:21:22

Can you be pregnant again? Have you had sex in the last couple of weeks?

fuzzywuzzy Mon 08-May-17 23:27:31

It's possible you could be pregnant again. Go see your gp maybe they'll refer you for an early scan or a blood test?

I hope it's good news for you.

sophieauld21x Mon 08-May-17 23:28:33

Yeah we've been having sex. I never really bleed much after my D&C so waited a week and we started having sex again. But I was still getting faint positives. Was told it will be left over hcg then got my negatives.

Fridgedooropen Mon 08-May-17 23:37:00

There is supposed to be a boost in fertility just after a pregnancy loss. Maybe that's it. I'd do another test and then contact your doctor if still positive. Hope it works out for you.

sophieauld21x Tue 09-May-17 02:24:09

I done clear blue ovulation test just last week and was telling me I was ovulating..can that happen while being pregnant. I'll phone my midwife tomorrow when I get up before work. Just feel like something terrible I going to happen again. I've heard lost of thing going wrong when you get pregnant straight away after a miscarriage.

sophieauld21x Tue 09-May-17 02:25:05

Sorry forgot to mention done a clear blue digital and a Tesco PT and both positive clear blue said 2 to 3 weeks

MotherofBoy Tue 09-May-17 08:15:43

Yes you def could be pregnant as you are more fertile just after a mc as said above. If you are unsure I would ask for bloods at gp as that will definitely confirm it. Sorry for your loss op, I hope you get your rainbow baby flowers

sebashocked Tue 09-May-17 08:28:57

Need to talk to your GP as soon as possible. You may be pregnant but it could also be that the D&C left behind a bit of tissue that has continued to grow and produce HCG. It's rare but needs to be ruled out.

Sazwest Tue 09-May-17 09:07:12

I would ring and ask your gp Hun xx

CakesALot Tue 09-May-17 15:22:22

This happened to me. 2 weeks after d&c I got clearly negative tests. 4 weeks after that I got positives. We'd only had sex twice in that time, I hadn't used opks and had no idea where in my cycle I was. I'd expected to have had a period by that time so tested on the off chance. That one stuck and is now 2 and a half years old. It can happen!! Good luck hun xx

CakesALot Tue 09-May-17 15:27:13

And just to add, up until a few years ago you were told it was best to hold off 6 months after a miscarriage before trying again because it was believed there would be a higher chance of another mc. This isn't the case now and a lot more research shows you're more likely to carry to term if you conceive within those first 6 months. Don't get me wrong, I was terrified and cursing myself for not holding off for longer! But now I have my darling DD, I couldn't be happier. I hope that gives you some hope!

sophieauld21x Wed 10-May-17 11:26:27

Thank you all for the messages back I appreciate it a lot. I phoned doctors and they gave me an appointment with the midwife in the 5th of June. Thank you CakesALot. That's given me a little bit more hope everything will be okay with this baby

sophieauld21x Sat 13-May-17 17:40:51

Just a little update. I phoned Epu at crosshouse told them I think I might be pregnant gave them the dates of when my partner and I had intercourse and told them I done 3 different test. The clear blue said 2 to. 3. The midwife told me to take another clearblue in a week or 2 weeks. Then she phoned back an hour later telling me my results from the last pregnancy the test came back and mentioned to me it could be a molar pregnancy. Completely thrown off. Not a clue what to think or what's going on, she told me a sample has been sent of to Dundee for testing for a molar pregnancy and she'll phone me back on Tuesday with the results and this may not be a new pregnancy...So hard to just have a baby

Pray17 Tue 11-Jul-17 16:41:30

I'm confused too. I had a miscarriage 18 days ago. And another scan to make sure it all had gone..it had apart from some blood and stuff . But I'm still getting positive pregnancy tests. I use the 10ml ones..I really want to try again but not sure why we have to wait until the negitive tests..I know it's something to do with dating the baby , but do we ovulate if we still get positive tests???? So confusing x

cakesandphotos Tue 11-Jul-17 16:44:21

This happened to my friend. She had a mc and when her periods still hadn't returned after several weeks she went to the GP and found out she was 9 weeks pregnant

Julybug Tue 11-Jul-17 17:45:33

I'm sorry for your loss but can I just ask what's a d&c sorry if that's insensitive

IHopeYourCakeIsShit Tue 11-Jul-17 17:52:35

D&C is short for dilation and curettage where the cervix is dilated and the uterus is scraped to remove any left over tissue from a pregancy.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: