Talk

Advanced search

Help confused. Miscarriage then positive pregnancy test.

(14 Posts)
sophieauld21x Mon 08-May-17 23:18:27

Hi well I'm just look for some advice. I'm seriously confused about what's going on. 6 week ago today I Had a D&C and I was taking test till I got a negative. Finally I took two test and both negative 2 weeks ago. So though AF will appear soon. Still nothing and today I took a test and it was clear as day positive. I'm freaking out and don't know what to do or what to think am I pregnant again? Help please

Fridgedooropen Mon 08-May-17 23:21:22

Can you be pregnant again? Have you had sex in the last couple of weeks?

fuzzywuzzy Mon 08-May-17 23:27:31

It's possible you could be pregnant again. Go see your gp maybe they'll refer you for an early scan or a blood test?

I hope it's good news for you.

sophieauld21x Mon 08-May-17 23:28:33

Yeah we've been having sex. I never really bleed much after my D&C so waited a week and we started having sex again. But I was still getting faint positives. Was told it will be left over hcg then got my negatives.

Fridgedooropen Mon 08-May-17 23:37:00

There is supposed to be a boost in fertility just after a pregnancy loss. Maybe that's it. I'd do another test and then contact your doctor if still positive. Hope it works out for you.

sophieauld21x Tue 09-May-17 02:24:09

I done clear blue ovulation test just last week and was telling me I was ovulating..can that happen while being pregnant. I'll phone my midwife tomorrow when I get up before work. Just feel like something terrible I going to happen again. I've heard lost of thing going wrong when you get pregnant straight away after a miscarriage.

sophieauld21x Tue 09-May-17 02:25:05

Sorry forgot to mention done a clear blue digital and a Tesco PT and both positive clear blue said 2 to 3 weeks

MotherofBoy Tue 09-May-17 08:15:43

Yes you def could be pregnant as you are more fertile just after a mc as said above. If you are unsure I would ask for bloods at gp as that will definitely confirm it. Sorry for your loss op, I hope you get your rainbow baby flowers

sebashocked Tue 09-May-17 08:28:57

Need to talk to your GP as soon as possible. You may be pregnant but it could also be that the D&C left behind a bit of tissue that has continued to grow and produce HCG. It's rare but needs to be ruled out.

Sazwest Tue 09-May-17 09:07:12

I would ring and ask your gp Hun xx

CakesALot Tue 09-May-17 15:22:22

This happened to me. 2 weeks after d&c I got clearly negative tests. 4 weeks after that I got positives. We'd only had sex twice in that time, I hadn't used opks and had no idea where in my cycle I was. I'd expected to have had a period by that time so tested on the off chance. That one stuck and is now 2 and a half years old. It can happen!! Good luck hun xx

CakesALot Tue 09-May-17 15:27:13

And just to add, up until a few years ago you were told it was best to hold off 6 months after a miscarriage before trying again because it was believed there would be a higher chance of another mc. This isn't the case now and a lot more research shows you're more likely to carry to term if you conceive within those first 6 months. Don't get me wrong, I was terrified and cursing myself for not holding off for longer! But now I have my darling DD, I couldn't be happier. I hope that gives you some hope!

sophieauld21x Wed 10-May-17 11:26:27

Thank you all for the messages back I appreciate it a lot. I phoned doctors and they gave me an appointment with the midwife in the 5th of June. Thank you CakesALot. That's given me a little bit more hope everything will be okay with this baby

sophieauld21x Sat 13-May-17 17:40:51

Just a little update. I phoned Epu at crosshouse told them I think I might be pregnant gave them the dates of when my partner and I had intercourse and told them I done 3 different test. The clear blue said 2 to. 3. The midwife told me to take another clearblue in a week or 2 weeks. Then she phoned back an hour later telling me my results from the last pregnancy the test came back and mentioned to me it could be a molar pregnancy. Completely thrown off. Not a clue what to think or what's going on, she told me a sample has been sent of to Dundee for testing for a molar pregnancy and she'll phone me back on Tuesday with the results and this may not be a new pregnancy...So hard to just have a baby

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now