Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

No CM change but positive opk after MC?

(3 Posts)
KittyHow Sun 07-May-17 21:28:30

Hi all,

I miscarried last month at 7 weeks, our first pregnancy, and we are really eager to try again.

We fell pregnant using opks on the first month, so are hoping do replicate the success.

I used opks since the bleeding stopped and got a positive opk on day 23. I normally get an obvious change in CM, but no real change this month.

Could it be that I didn't actually ovulate?
I had an ovary removed in November, I know they say the other ovary makes up the difference but could things still be settling down?

Any advice is greatly appreciated x

PrimeraVez Mon 08-May-17 09:29:09

Hi Kitty, sorry to hear about your MC. I had a MC last month as well at around 8-9wks so know too well how shit it is.

Is there any chance that your positive OPK is actually detecting HCG? I had a D&C just over 2 weeks ago, and have only just stopped getting positive HPTs and a strong 2nd line on OPKs (which can also detect HCG)

Or you could well be ovulating and just having a month of not much CM, I know some women don't get much at all (that is noticeable at least)

Good luck! I'm desperate to try again but DH needs a bit more time.

KittyHow Mon 08-May-17 13:26:12

So sorry to hear you are going through the same heartbreak PrimeraVez, you're right it really does suck so much.

I took a pregnancy test and got BFN 11 days after the MC started and then tracked with opks which were negative until day 24, so I'm pretty hopeful it wasn't a false positive.

I read that sometimes maybe the first cycle is all over the place, but I think I'm just worried because the CM change has normally been so obvious since I came off the pill.

Good luck to you both when you are ready to try again, I think it sometime hits DHs later because they trying to be so strong for us.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: