Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Which app to use Ovia or P.D.?

(7 Posts)
LittleManc Fri 05-May-17 18:57:46

Hello I've been using P.D. to track my fertility but not I've just downloaded Ovia and based on the same information they are telling completely different fertile days sad does anyone know if one is better than the other? We have only just started TTC so will probably just DTD every day to be honest. Any advice??? Thanks x

user1492862687 Sat 06-May-17 22:18:42

I'm currently using both, only been 2 cycles so far so seeing which one predicts better this month and I'll do from there.

Ovia is good because of the charts and the tips etc, I've used PD for ages but without updating anything as didn't seem to be any point with them?

BertieBotts Sat 06-May-17 22:39:23

Ovia is a load of rubbish, ignore what it tells you. It's very flashy but its fertility algorithms are no good.

I don't know what PD is but I like Fertility Friend best.

But don't worry timing is not a problem for most people anyway smile

RyvitaBrevis Thu 11-May-17 17:44:21

I second Bertie - the Ovia app is really nicely designed but the algorithm is next to worthless.

I use Fertility Friend these days, and think it's the best so far. Clue, the period tracker, has a decent algorithm, but it's not a fertility app.

One thing about apps is that it's so hard to ignore what they say even when you know they're wrong! If you have a couple of unusual months in a row it can really mess up the predictions. And, the medical community (eg NICE) thinks that trying to time conception to the fertile window is a waste of time anyway. Not that I'm following that advice myself!

confusedat23 Thu 11-May-17 17:59:38

I would literally ise the app to start seeing a pattern yourself and OPK or Temp alongside.

Once you know roughly what CD you Ov each month you don't need an app, cheapie OPKs and BBT thermometer are worth their weight in gold in comparison

X

BertieBotts Thu 11-May-17 22:32:30

From my own research, timing is not usually the issue. Most people have sex at least once a week particularly when they are trying and you'll naturally be more easily aroused and smell more attractive to your partner around ovulation anyway so most people get the timing right without trying, and it only takes one time in the fertile window. What happens is that something like 60% of fertilised eggs get rejected before implantation and a further half of those which implant will have not quite right chromosomes and will be rejected early on as a chemical pregnancy or miscarriage. So even with perfect timing you only have about a 20% chance of conceiving each month. That's why they ask you to try for a year before seeking advice because it is quiye normal for it to tale a while.

One nice thing about fertility friend is that while you can't import data directly, there is a mass entry form where you can input many weeks or months at once so your data isn't wasted even if you've used another app to start with.

MulderitsmeX Thu 11-May-17 22:49:58

I love ovia, i found it works really well for me. Not sure what pd is, am trying to learn to temp and opks don't work on me so apps are all I have right now. Charting CM is useful,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now