Talk

Advanced search

Just got my BFP. It doesn't feel real...

(4 Posts)
cjt91 Sun 30-Apr-17 12:19:08

Hi all,

I am new to this and hopefully got us right thread! Just got my bfp 3 days ago after being on holiday for a week so this makes me 5+3!!

At the moment it doesn't feel real, I don't feel like I should be talking about it yet as it's all so new. We weren't TTC but had stopped taking Dianette 4 months ago. I feel like I am getting ahead of myself even posting on here...does anyone feel the same?!

I feel awful as I drank quite heavily on holiday (although never got awfully drunk), a couple of glasses of wine each night. So I'm worried I'm not really in the safe zone and could loose it due to drinking so much in my 4th week (I know so many people who have miscarried and didn't even drink!) Hence why maybe I feel like none of his is really happening yet.

Advice please ladies!

25heartbroken Sun 30-Apr-17 12:24:20

Hi xx
Don't worry so much many people don't realise they are pregnant for much longer than that! And do all sorts of things!! I don't think the baby even starts using your blood etc untill 8-12 weeks as they have a little yoke sack. Right now your baby is nothing more than some cells and a tiny tiny sack. I personally didn't realise I was pregnant until 2 months gone and I smoked and drank because I had no idea! I have it up when I found out and that's the most important bit don't worry yourself xxx most of the time people have miscarriages because the chromosomes don't form properly it's not normally to do with drinking etc especially so early on smile trust that your womb is the perfect vessel for your baby smile I'm currently 4/5 months pregnant and baby is very healthy and normal despite drinking and smoking for 2 months xxxx also it's completely normal for it not to feel real! It still doesn't feel real for me even now! Xxx

cjt10 Sun 30-Apr-17 12:45:19

@25heartbroken thank you for your reply! I have read in loads of forums that people drink before realising but I consistently drank for 7 days straight so feel awful! Glad everything is good with you smile x

Foggymist Sun 30-Apr-17 14:56:58

There's no point feeling awful, the few days of drinking will have no impact, many, many women drink in early pregnancy before they're aware. Miscarriages are usually because of a chromosomal defect, it's not a case of having a miscarriage when they "didn't even drink".

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now