Talk

Advanced search

Do I trust this BFP?

(17 Posts)
Cosyjoe30 Sat 29-Apr-17 10:48:48

Hi all
I think I have got my first BFP this morning...but I don't know whether to believe it or not.
I was due my AF on Thursday (which would have been 11dpo...I have a short LP). Started spotting the evening before which is normal for me, but then it never developed into full AF. Continued to spot Thurs and Fri and a little bit this morning.
Decided to take a FRER this morning (13dpo) and it came back positive. ICs were major squinters.
My DH is away so I have no one to speak to about it until he gets back tonight. What do people think about the continued spotting? Is this going to be a chemical/false alarm? I don't want to get my hopes up.
Thanks all smile

Sunshinesaz86 Sat 29-Apr-17 11:25:43

That is definitely a BFP without doubt. Fingers crossed for you the spotting stops. Was the spotting browny? Good luck and fingers crossed for you x x

Cosyjoe30 Sat 29-Apr-17 11:36:01

Thanks for the reply! Yeah, the spotting was a browny colour. I've heard that it can happen around the time that AF would normally appear so hoping for that.
Don't think I'll let myself believe anything just yet...

Sazwest Sat 29-Apr-17 11:38:59

They look definitely positive to me and I think spotting in early pregnancy is fine, sometimes It's just old blood coming away x x

Sunshinesaz86 Sat 29-Apr-17 11:41:03

It is hard to get excited but it looks pretty strong to me, so hopefully AF will stay away for you. Browny is good. Fingers crossed for you x x

Hotpinkangel19 Sat 29-Apr-17 11:43:33

The ic's hardly get dark. Definitely a bfp. Congratulations x

Cosyjoe30 Sat 29-Apr-17 11:54:03

Thanks for all your replies. At least I'm not imagining it all. Think I'll be keeping realistic expectations for the next few days... fingers crossed.

InsideOutUpsideDown Sat 29-Apr-17 14:01:35

Definately a bfp, congratulations. Spotting is common in early pregnancy, as long as its dark and isnt accompanied with pain or a temparature i wouldnt worry. If you are concerned phone your out of hours doctor, but otherwise enjoy knowing you are going to be able to tell your dh something exciting when he gets home, good luck op.x

WantToGoingTo Sat 29-Apr-17 16:00:29

That is a great bfp on the FRER, the cheapies never show v good lines at all til you are v late. Congratulations! If sorting remains brown all is good smile

WantToGoingTo Sat 29-Apr-17 16:01:07

So I had red spotting at 13 weeks and all was fine! It is common in early pregnancy as long as no pain as said above

Cosyjoe30 Sat 29-Apr-17 16:11:15

Thanks again everyone. Good to hear positive stories about successful pregnancies with spotting involved.
There's barely been anything there today, only the teeniest tiniest bit of brown when I wipe after going for a wee.
No pain, really. I maybe have felt the odd dull ache but that might be because I am thinking about it so much!
Keeping my fingers crossed.

WantToGoingTo Sat 29-Apr-17 16:23:00

Aches and twinges also common early on as uterus is stretching! As long as it's not agonising pain smile

Cosyjoe30 Sat 29-Apr-17 16:38:51

No, definitely not agonising pain smile
God... I'm still in shock!

user1492691073 Sat 29-Apr-17 21:56:35

Congrats!! It took me a while to get pregnant & the blue sticks used to torture me!! smile the first response looks definitely positive!!!! Congratulations smile

user1492691073 Sat 29-Apr-17 21:57:09

Should have said I got implantation bleeding

Cosyjoe30 Sat 29-Apr-17 22:34:41

That's good to hear user I'm trying to stay calm about the spotting...easier said than done!

user1492691073 Sat 29-Apr-17 22:39:02

I understand. I've had some bleeding in my pregnancy and they say that brown is old and it's red you need to worry about! Hope everything works out - try and stay calm and positive

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now