Talk

Advanced search

Would you take clomid...

(9 Posts)
asdfghjkl098765 Fri 28-Apr-17 23:00:41

that you had previously been prescribed but didnt use? Would it be dangerous to use it without the drs supervision and the usual blood tests etc?

Thingymaboob Sat 29-Apr-17 00:09:52

Why don't you just go to doctor and say you want to take it again?

asdfghjkl098765 Sat 29-Apr-17 05:27:13

I'm trying but the tests and then referral will take an absolute age.

Scrumptiousbears Sat 29-Apr-17 06:03:29

I took it the first time round and definitely would have taken what's left the second time but luckily I didn't need it.

Ohwhatsoccuring Sat 29-Apr-17 09:02:39

I did, had clomid with my first and had some left over. Tried for 6 mths for my second and then took clomid for 1 mth and bang BFP.
But I didn't have checks or scans with the clomid the first time though, was just given it and left to get on with it.

asdfghjkl098765 Sat 29-Apr-17 18:11:37

Thank you. I just dont know what to do for the best.

Joinourclub Sat 29-Apr-17 18:21:23

Has clomid been successful for you on the past? Were you monitored previously, so you know how you respond to the dose that you have?

asdfghjkl098765 Sat 29-Apr-17 19:54:47

No I didnt take it so I've no idea how I respond to it. It's in my medicine cabinet though and it's just so tempting. I don't want to cause myself any problems but the thought that it might just help is clouding my judgement.

SugarMiceInTheRain Sat 29-Apr-17 20:01:05

I was prescribed it when ttc #1, and conceived on my 3rd month of it. When ttc #3 they prescribed me a low dose (which had worked previously) but it didn't make me ovulate, nurse said I could up the dose but then she left before I'd done a cycle of the higher dose, and they closed the fertility clinic in my hospital so nobody was monitoring me, so I took it at that dose and it didn't make me ovulate so I upped it again (unmonitored) I was aware of the risks of OHSS and what to look out for so would have headed straight to the doctor if there were any problems. For me it was fine, and I was confident because I'd had it before, but for whatever reason, it didn't work that time! Eventually managed to conceive #3 naturally a couple of years after we stopped trying and decided to stop at 2.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now