Talk

Advanced search

Expecting ovulation but negative tests

(8 Posts)
wapphighwood Thu 27-Apr-17 08:59:51

Hi all, ttc #2, first month of trying. Not been on pill and v regular 28/29 day cycles. Decided to use clear blue to pin point ovulation as have waited months to start due to some big events. I have been testing in the morning, first wee, since day 9 as per instructions, now on day 15 and no positive. I feel like may be ovulating as different consistency of discharge and slight blood tinge. Could I have ovulated early and missed it? Could I have missed the surge and have actually ovulated? Could it be late ovulation? Are the tests accurate? I tend to have quite heavy periods could that mean I ovulate early in cycle? Any one else experienced similar? I've been a bit stressed so worried I'm not actually ovulating

wapphighwood Thu 27-Apr-17 09:23:34

Would add I had a test with an error on day 13 in the morning and tested again in the evening, so maybe o missed surge then

ForeverHopeful21 Thu 27-Apr-17 09:27:35

I've started testing again after having a MC at 12 weeks and I've had the same problem as you.
I have a 32-35 day cycle and usually test every other day from day 14 - 23 but so far no smiley faces!! I'm feeling pretty worried about it.
Will be interested to see what other people say. x

wapphighwood Wed 10-May-17 08:52:09

BFN today on day AF is due 🙁 despite dtd lots over past few weeks despite no positive ovulation test (used whole pack of clear blue from recommended day) going to ovulation test from end of AF this month. Got BFP first month with DC1 so not experienced the disappointment before 🙁

ForeverHopeful21 Wed 10-May-17 09:20:05

So sorry to hear that flowers I know it's disappointing. Get yourself some treats and be a little selfish.
Do you use a fertility app? Ovia is quite good as you can track symptoms that you're feeling and after a couple of months, likely to see a pattern to help with ovulation. I've never taken temps, but I know some people swear by it. So maybe that's something to look at?
Keep at it with the opks. I've been ttc for a looooong time and used many, and not very month has shown ovulation ...that's not to say that it didn't happen - tests aren't 100% reliable. x

MulderitsmeX Wed 10-May-17 10:35:06

I've recently found this out - apparently opks don't work if you have polycycstic ovaries (ie you don't have pcos so can only tell if you have a scan). Nothing to worry about as they affect 10-20% of the population, apparently. I have them only slightly (ie have periods every month no symptoms) but have never got a positive from an opk.

I second ovia though ' it's brill

wapphighwood Wed 10-May-17 11:13:48

Thanks for your replies smile will try ovia app

wapphighwood Sat 13-May-17 19:23:21

Not sure what happened as got bfn on Wednesday when AF due and always super regular but AF didn't arrive so just retested and got bfp smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now