Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Short luteal phase and natural remedies - can any kind person help?

(14 Posts)
JohnnyMcGrathSaysFuckOff Wed 26-Apr-17 20:14:10

So we have been ttc no 2 since Jan and it is not happening. I think it may in part be due to the fact that post-birth, I seem to have a short LP.

I have always OV around CD16/17 but now my cycles are on average about 25D long. I am still tracking basal body temp and yep, still OV at the same old time, giving me a LP of 8-9 days.

Just wondering if B6+ evening primrose is best..... or agnus castus.... or alchemilla
... or some combo? Any advice what to try first? Thanks for any help!

physicskate Wed 26-Apr-17 20:17:23

You might have to try a few things and see what works for you... sounds like you've found a few things that have worked for others though!

JohnnyMcGrathSaysFuckOff Wed 26-Apr-17 20:55:30

Yes, I just don't really know where to start iyswim and was hoping someone with experience might come along to share their story smile

honeysucklejasmine Wed 26-Apr-17 21:22:12

Vitamin B complex. If you find the JSer conception thread (long, rude title about shagging) you will find info, especially from Jelly and Choo who both conceived despite a short LP with some vitamin assistance.

Will find you a link in a moment

amaretto83 Wed 26-Apr-17 21:24:54

I have a LP of 8/9 days too. After playing around with vit b6, evening primrose and Agnus castus for a few cycles I managed a 12 day LP last cycle. That time I had the agnus castus every day and had 100mg of b6 up to ovulation and then had 200mg per day. It's only been one cycle so far at 12 days, so can't say for sure that it'll stay that way!

honeysucklejasmine Wed 26-Apr-17 21:25:09

Here you go

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/2906442-Lets-get-this-shaggathon-on-the-road-We-are-breaking-out-the-buzzy-friends-lubeing-up-our-fanjos-and-prepping-the-men-Lets-make-a-baby-the-old-fashioned-way-Its-only-f-king-JSing-63

It's actually discussed on this link, and I'm sure Jelly and Choo won't mind if you have questions. Tell them honey sent you. wink

choochooo Wed 26-Apr-17 21:47:48

I am said Choo from JSing thread.

You need to take b complex 100, not b6. B6 works but can cause deficiency in b12 which is also important. So it needs to be b complex and the normal b complex is 10mg which is not strong enough, hence b complex 100.

We (on JSing thread) have had a lot of success with this. At least 3 of us with short lp have successfully lengthened it using b complex and have had babies.

Good luck!!!!

choochooo Wed 26-Apr-17 21:49:46

Evening primrose is v useful too because it makes CM more obvious and this helps you to spot the fertile CM days (EWCM). but you need to stop taking it as soon as you get bfp.

choochooo Wed 26-Apr-17 21:50:41

Why don't you join us on our thread? Honey posted the link. We are v supportive and it will help you along the journey smile

SasBel Wed 26-Apr-17 21:53:39

My friend successfully did this by eating loads of chickpeas, not sure what is in it though smile
Good luck.

JohnnyMcGrathSaysFuckOff Wed 26-Apr-17 22:05:13

Wow thanks for all the responses! Choo especially smile

So Holland and Barrett sell B6 with evening primrose combined but sounds like that is not what I needed.....

Choo would love to join JS but always stayed away in the past as we sometimes ahem use some assistance and I always thought JS threads were for ppl with no opks, assisted conception issues. If I am allowed, would love to!

honeysucklejasmine Wed 26-Apr-17 22:07:42

Johnny the majority of JSers do use such things, but we don't encourage it and tell people if they are getting obsessive. Otherwise it takes over.

Choo hello lovely 💜

JohnnyMcGrathSaysFuckOff Wed 26-Apr-17 22:16:05

Okay will pop over if I may then....?

choochooo Thu 27-Apr-17 06:36:24

Johnny you'll soon discover I am the WORST JSer as I use lots of things that are contraband. I have no idea why they put up with me! 😂

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now