Talk

Advanced search

Clear blue ovulation

(18 Posts)
Sazwest Wed 26-Apr-17 13:35:57

So I'm going out tomorrow to buy the clear blue ovulation kit where do I buy the strips from that goes inside it does anyone know please ( as it only comes with 10) ?? When do I start using it I'm still on AF at the minute I should stop by tomorrow. Also I'm gonna buy some conceive plus.

Ladies that have used both of these did u fall pregnant the same month using them.

@Hotpinkangel19 @BlueeSpottyTiger @Emma2803 @BasinHaircut @Oysterbabe have you girls used these xx

Mummyme87 Wed 26-Apr-17 14:10:30

Are you talking about clear blue OPK? I use dual hormone ones, I pay £22 for 10 and tend to use 6/7 of the sticks so have some for next cycle if needed. I start testing day 7 to get a negative then usually get high readings for 4/5days then get my peak and can stop testing. I do this alongside IC OPK from amazon (one step). I get a pack of 30 for £4 and they come with a few IC pregnancy tests. I usually do 2/3 IC OPK a day a couple of days into high readings on CB. I'm day 13 and got my peak on CB OPK last night and also a positive IC OPK. Have done two more IC OPK today and both still positive. This means I will ovulate today or early tomorrow. I'm starting to get some left sided pelvic twinges so hopefully that is a lucky egg 😀

Mummyme87 Wed 26-Apr-17 14:11:43

Oh and I am on cycle 6 and have used OPKs every cycle and conceive plus live on a couple as well with no luck so far. This is DC2

Sazwest Wed 26-Apr-17 14:16:14

This one. I'm not sure if it's the right one x.

Sazwest Wed 26-Apr-17 14:17:57

The last few months I have used IC opks but thought I'd give the clear blue one a go. I don't have a clue how the clear blue one works xx

Hotpinkangel19 Wed 26-Apr-17 14:26:14

@Sazwest I just used the one step ic's. sorry xx

Mummyme87 Wed 26-Apr-17 14:36:00

That's the one hormone OPK, I use the dual hormone one as gives you your whole fertile window

Mummyme87 Wed 26-Apr-17 14:38:34

homehealth-uk.com/all-products/clearblue-advanced-digital-ovulation-tests/?gclid=CK3OtZKfwtMCFVYz0wodtigMKQ

This is the link for dual hormone

Sazwest Wed 26-Apr-17 14:57:35

Cheers @Mummyme87 I will get one of them instead are they good x x

Mummyme87 Wed 26-Apr-17 15:01:12

I get mine on amazon, paid £21.99 for my current box. Boots sometimes have them on offer as well

Sazwest Wed 26-Apr-17 15:29:15

Cheers Hun how many strips come with them and how many times a day do you use it xx

Mummyme87 Wed 26-Apr-17 15:49:52

I get boxes of 10 as I keep thinking it would be a waste to go for a box of 20.... But then I don't get pregnant and should have done a bigger box. You do once a day until you get your peak (static smiley) although I did read once you get your high reading (flashing smiley) you can do it more than once a day.. which is what I did yesterday. I've been to NYC this week and been weeing on sticks at different times then felt ovulation was going to be soon as my cervix was soft and opening so did another OPK after 6hrs which gave me my peak reading and coincided with an IC OPK which was positive. Usually I just do it once a day and do some IC as well to keep an eye out for the surge.

Sazwest Wed 26-Apr-17 16:46:52

Thanks Hun I'm gonna grab one of the dual ones tomorrow and will also grab some cheapie opks aswell xx

HeyJupiter Wed 26-Apr-17 17:57:01

I found the dual hormone CB OPKS really helpful OP, so hope they work for you. Annoyingly you have to buy a new box each time as can't buy the testing strips separately. You can keep re-using the original testing holder/reader thing though smile

Sazwest Wed 26-Apr-17 18:30:36

Don't eBay sell just the strips ? Xx

Mummyme87 Wed 26-Apr-17 19:50:22

No they don't. You need to buy the whole new thing every month, although I don't use all the sticks so accumulate some and reuse. Criminal

Sazwest Wed 26-Apr-17 20:22:50

Yeh cheers @Mummyme87 xx

lucylou1234 Thu 27-Apr-17 01:10:30

i used the dualhormone for the first time on cycle 16 and got my BFP smile now 22 weeks pregnant smile try looking on ebay for sticks as sometimes people sell the left overs from their packs smile

good luck ! baby dust to you all xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now