Talk

Advanced search

BFP then BFN please advise!

(12 Posts)
xTTCTamsterx Tue 25-Apr-17 19:07:21

Advise needed, i bought some ebay cheapies 10miu and when i tested i could see a faint second line..... Now, i actually thought i might have been seeing things so i left it a few hours and tested again to make sure, when i tested again i showed my partner who could also see this 2nd line. Strangely enough two days later i did another test which was a BFN sad now i dont know what to believe. i have tested again over the past few days and all BFN

Hotpinkangel19 Tue 25-Apr-17 19:15:45

How many DPO are you? X

physicskate Tue 25-Apr-17 19:16:06

Sounds like a chemical pregnancy maybe?? Are you late?

Hotpinkangel19 Tue 25-Apr-17 19:16:29

Have you tried a different test? X

xTTCTamsterx Tue 25-Apr-17 20:01:53

Hi both, I'm not sure when i last ov however my period started the 5th of this month. Yes i bought 2 different kits from bnm bargains and both were negative. I will test again tomorrow morning. I rang the doctor to explain and he seems to think that it's rare to receive a false positive and that its nothing to worry about. I'm just wondering if the eBay tests i bought were faulty, if so I'm going to be so ****off angry x

xTTCTamsterx Tue 25-Apr-17 20:03:53

@hotpinkangel no I'm not late, think I'm due again the 3rd but i can get irregular AF's so can't be 100% certain x

onedsrightnow Tue 25-Apr-17 20:12:05

You got your period less than 3 weeks ago? I would say it's unlikely that you have ovulated and implanted and got a bfp in that time but stranger things have happened I suppose. What made you test? Best to get a frer and test with fmu I think. Good luck x

Emma2803 Tue 25-Apr-17 20:26:30

I am pretty sure that the stick type tests are less sensitive than the dipstick type so won't pick up a line as early, frer definitely most sensitive though. Good luck, hope you get your bfp!

xTTCTamsterx Tue 25-Apr-17 20:29:19

I had terrible cramps and tested for that reason, also i think i lost track of my days and got carried away (baby brain) I'll test again in a few days and see if there is a BFP or BFN x

Waitingonasmile Tue 25-Apr-17 20:30:05

If your period started on 5th and lasts a weekish I don't think you have had enough time to ovulate and the egg to implant. That's so disappointing you got a false positive though.

xTTCTamsterx Tue 25-Apr-17 20:35:05

Yeah I'm gutted! I'll write to the seller on eBay and explain how shit their tests are. I don't understand how it happened unless they were dodgy because i did everything correctly x

MaryShelley1818 Tue 25-Apr-17 21:09:13

Sorry you've had a confusing test. Unfortunately it could be a CP or an evap line, not necessarily a faulty test.
Fingers crossed for your BFP soon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now