Talk

Advanced search

Lesbian couple 3x iui and now a miscarriage. Feeling sad.

(7 Posts)
Loopy01 Tue 25-Apr-17 16:00:41

Hi. This is my first post. I've been reading many over the last few months and everyone seems so nice and supportive.

I am in a same sex marraige. We have had 3 attempts at iui. The first 2 attempts were both bfn. This 3rd attempt was bfp but hcg numbers were low from the start, our six week scan showed an empty sac, and now I am bleeding like a light period. We have another scan due at 8 weeks (this Friday) but have been told this is very likely a miscarriage.

We are feeling a lot of grief and sadness. We thought that once we got a bfp everything would be okay.

We don't know what to do from here. Is it worth trying again (once mc is over)? And sadly we have to consider the financial implications (as a gay couple we have to pay for all treatment).

Is there anyone else out there who has been through something similar?

Thank you

Deskboundsally Tue 25-Apr-17 16:02:24

I haven't been through similar but didn't want to read and run. There's still hope for this one, what are your numbers like, were they doubling?

owltrousers Tue 25-Apr-17 16:03:07

I didn't want to read and run - I'm so sorry Loopy that must be such a blow after getting a BFP. Surely its worth trying again because you were so close this time round?

Loopy01 Tue 25-Apr-17 16:24:54

Thank you Deskboundsally and owltrousers. At 2 weeks post insemination (so 4 weeks since lmp) hcg was 482. Two days later it went up by 60% then two days after that it was almost 100% increase. So it doubled well but they said because it was still so low, mc was most likely. They haven't rechecked it since as they use u/s now. Seeing the empty sac on u/s was so sad. The nurse was very negative. And now I am bleeding it seems like an mc is inevitable.

Hopelessworrier84 Tue 25-Apr-17 22:18:13

So sorry you are going through this. No advice but i wish you all the luck for the future. Sometimes things are really unfair! X

Reow Tue 25-Apr-17 22:22:07

Sorry to hear that OP flowers

I don't have any experience of this but you sound very brave and have been through a lot. Are you able to afford another go?

cottoncandee Wed 26-Apr-17 14:30:30

Do not give up. I've had 3 MCs and I haven't given up. The last one was just couple of weeks ago. It's heartbreaking but doesn't mean you should give up. And I just want you to know you're not alone smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now