Talk

Advanced search

Getting Ready For Baby Challenge - Thread 8

(994 Posts)
HopefullyDothButterNoParsnips Tue 25-Apr-17 14:03:04

Here comes the thread, you know what to do!

MrsC2017 Tue 25-Apr-17 14:08:37

Thanks parsnips!! 💜 💜

youngmummy3105 Tue 25-Apr-17 14:37:50

Thanks! X

TheGrumpySquirrel Tue 25-Apr-17 15:16:52

Just watching Bridget Jones Baby on the flight! It's so cheesy and OTT but I bloody love it!

MrsC2017 Tue 25-Apr-17 15:40:20

grumpy I laughed so hard at that film!

HeyJupiter Tue 25-Apr-17 15:58:01

Yay thanks parnsips!

grumpy I loved it too but mainly for the nostalgia value as loved the first Bridget J smile

HeyJupiter Tue 25-Apr-17 16:00:37

otters so sorry about the progesterone results but you ovulated so late that your progesterone won't have hit a peak until much later than day 21. The luteal phase basically stays the same cycle to cycle so your AF won't be due until approx 2 weeks (or however long your luteal phase is) after you actually ovulated. When will be 7 days past your ovulation date? Presumably its on that day that you should be getting the blood test done. Hope you're okay though lovely flowers

Mummyme87 Tue 25-Apr-17 16:35:50

grumpy I watched Bridget jones on my flight last night as well, unbelievably cheesy and unrealistic but so funny

otters I agree with Jupiter, sounds like your bloods were taken at the wrong time for a late ovulation. Have you discussed that with your GP?

I did an OPK today which was t positive but on its way, I'm CD12 today 😊 We have dtd everyday for the last three days, I'm planning to continue this

Mummyme87 Tue 25-Apr-17 16:37:03

Do we need to do an update for the new thread?

TheGrumpySquirrel Tue 25-Apr-17 16:38:33

Yay mummy! Come on eggy!

Of course didn't feel like food at lunch so now am starving! I forced myself to eat about half of it. WIBU to request a snack grin
About 4.5 hours to go 😴

otters2017 Tue 25-Apr-17 16:45:52

Thanks for the new thread and for the support.
I had a bit of a breakdown in the office. Bawled my eyes out so now 2 other people know. Just felt so upset. Blaming the hormones or non existent hormones! I did find out that one of them had ivf and her twins are now 8years old so she completely understands what I'm going through.
I've managed to blag another blood test for Friday as Monday is bank holiday which would be 7dpo technically and we are away next week so can't get it done tues. Hoping against hope that it will be a good result on Friday.
Will catch up properly later x

Tigger83 Tue 25-Apr-17 16:49:37

Hello everyone!! Well today has been manic. Definitely had my surge back to paperwhite opks from today which is great so know it all happened at the right time. Now just the wait!

Grumpy. I'd defo come to your retreat!!

Jupiter thinking about you.

Off to cook my hairy bikers korma now grin

Penguin27 Tue 25-Apr-17 17:09:34

Thanks for the new thread parsnips!
Grumpy* hope you're enjoying first class and aren't feeling anxious. Definitely NU to request a snack! Your business plan idea sounds amazing, I'd definitely come to your yoga retreat!

Sorry about the blood test otters, but like others have said it's possible you had a late ov. Fx the test on Friday has better news for you.

Sorry about the AF young!

Glad things are getting back to normal for you tigger. Got my fx for both you and dancing this month!

I'm getting a haircut this evening which will be nice, although I do resent having to pay £40 in the salon for a basic trim... hopefully they will offer me a glass of wine haha! Starting to think I'm a little bit wine obsessed.

Penguin27 Tue 25-Apr-17 17:10:13

Ugh bold fail - I swear it doesn't look like that when I press post?!

TheGrumpySquirrel Tue 25-Apr-17 18:14:24

Penguin enjoy the wine while you can! I bloody miss it! I'd be up for my 1 permitted glass a week but it just makes me feel sick! Can't wait for 2nd trimester hopefully I can have the occasional glass then.. although I am saving a lot of calories by default!

Well just went and sat at the bar and had some crisps and got talking to this lady who is part of national level sailing team and has a daughter bit older than mine anyway it was nice to break the monotony of being in my seat and just chat about all sorts. Back in my seat now and just ordered tea and scones! Gonna pick my next film, less than 3 hours to go yay!

DancingUnicorn Tue 25-Apr-17 18:20:25

Almost there grumpy! Sounds like an amazing experience in fancy flight mode.

So managed to do a bit more walking today. (As in, I got off the bus early and forced myself to do a 15 min walk to the office....) London was looking pretty in the blue skies though!

HeyJupiter Tue 25-Apr-17 18:33:30

Just got back from the scan. Everything is perfect! Measuring exactly 9+5 (as expected), lovely heart beat and very active. Amazing. Feeling so overwhelmed. So glad we did it.

Thank you all so much for your support yesterday! 💜

HeyJupiter Tue 25-Apr-17 18:34:03

Just going out for celebratory meal but will catch up on everyone else's news when I'm back xx

DancingUnicorn Tue 25-Apr-17 18:39:05

Argh!!! That's so amazing Jupiter. I'm so happy for you. Such a relief, and what a joy getting to see your lo for the first time!

I just got home to an incredibly kind package from hb! Thank you so much, you've genuinely made my day which was already pretty good! Never doubt the kindness of strangers on the internet. Totally overwhelmed by how lovely this thread is!

TheGrumpySquirrel Tue 25-Apr-17 18:43:15

Ahh Jupiter that's amazing! Congrats so happy for you that all is well xx

Dancing London looks lovely in the sunshine - well done for getting a walk in!

HbH Tue 25-Apr-17 19:17:12

Waaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!! Over the moon for you jupiter !!! Totally worth tens times the cost for that sort of reassurance! & such a cute pic too!!! So chuffed for you and DH (& your cat with furry trousers!!😂)

You're more than welcome dancing, weirdly you guys don't feel even remotely like strangers! Like someone said the other day (*wiggley*) you guys know way more about me, in some ways, than my besties!!

Sorry for AF young, I didn't get to OPKs but if you're going for ICs (internet cheapies) One Step from amazon/ebay are commonly used. You get loads for like a fiver. Maybe start around CD 8/10 depending on cycle length. I don't think FMU is advised so more afternoon & as you start to see a second line people then start to do more than one a day to catch the surge. Ov is then 12-36 hours after this.... please correct me anyone if I've got anything wrong!

Can't believe you've been communicating from mid air grumpy AMAZING!

Welcome home mummy hope the jet lag does one quickly!

Thanks for the new thread parsnips Hope work is better than it was x

Spa was heaven!! Apart from a dip in the pool, we spent most of the day on a water bed, under a blanket, reading my book!! This might sound boring but was pure bliss! Lovely views & lunch! The only down side was they wouldn't do my shellac pedi which is utter bullshit! She was very apologetic but i guess they were covering themselveshmm

HbH Tue 25-Apr-17 19:31:59

Sorry about results Otters , like others have said, maybe just the later ov that is the cause. FX

youngmummy3105 Tue 25-Apr-17 19:37:51

Thanks hbh my cycle is around 35 days long! I will try and see xx

Penguin27 Tue 25-Apr-17 19:42:23

That's great news Jupiter! I'm so happy for you!! Hope you're enjoying your celebratory meal.

Glad you enjoyed your spa day Hb.

confusedat23 Tue 25-Apr-17 20:14:39

Yay!! Omg Jupiter so so happy for you and your own little bubble!!!... i bet you can't wait for your scan now!

❤❤❤❤❤

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now