Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Hot bath during 2ww

(3 Posts)
IfeelFloopy Mon 24-Apr-17 18:47:57

I am 8dpo and on month one of TTC. Its been a bit of a knackering day at work and I just had a (quite hot) and long soak in the bath without thinking anything of it...until I got out.

I haven't had any symptoms to suggest that I have conceived this month (yet) but it only occored to me as I got out of the bath that I probably should be showering instead. So I googled it and have read lots of people saying that baths go against advice in the 2ww! Kind of annoyed with myself!

Feels a bit irrational considering I don't even think we have conceived this month but I'm worrying regardless!

LikeaSnowflake Mon 24-Apr-17 19:43:04

I would say not to worry. This is unlikely to have made any difference.

Hot tubs are a no because they stay at a constant high temp so can raise your own core temperature but even then from what I have read it's not a definite in terms of affecting the development of a pregnancy and this early it's very unlikely.

Baths cool down over time so are less of a risk I believe.

Good luck!

IfeelFloopy Tue 25-Apr-17 08:05:31

Thanks for the reassuring reply Snowflake. I have since read posts online from people saying they didn't know and took hot baths all through pregnancy! I won't be taking any chances from now on but glad to hear lots of other people have been ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now