Talk

Advanced search

To test or not to test?

(9 Posts)
roselondoner Mon 24-Apr-17 16:14:28

So I was due on AF on 20th April which was 4 days ago. I was so anxious and stressed because I ran the London marathon yesterday (can't believe I'm saying that) so put my lack of period down to that. I have been getting period pains and had them during the marathon too but still absolutely no sign of AF.

Did some ic's and all bfn. My question is, do I hobble out to the shop and get a better test or do I wait for my body to calm back down again and see if my period arrives?

What would you do?

Sazwest Mon 24-Apr-17 16:21:59

Hobble to the shop and buy a frer xx

ForeverHopeful21 Mon 24-Apr-17 16:24:40

If I were you, I'd put myself out of my misery and just buy a test to know for sure.

I had period pains around the time it was due. And all the other usual stuff too ...bloating, sore boobs, overeating, feeling emotional etc. It was only when 5 days past by and still no AF that I did a test and found out that I was pregnant! All the initial symptoms were exactly the same as when I was due my period.

Well done on the marathon! x

owltrousers Mon 24-Apr-17 16:26:51

Wow, congrats on the marathon! Get yourself a frer I say!

tobermory29 Mon 24-Apr-17 18:33:03

Oh rose how exciting! Go buy a test. If you've been following my thread you'll see these IC are not reliable!

Massive well done on the marathon!! xx

Runwayqueen Mon 24-Apr-17 19:12:43

Massive congratulations on the marathon.

Defo test

roselondoner Mon 24-Apr-17 20:15:27

I could only hobble to Sainsbury's so had to make do with those tests. Thin line came up but it's basically invisible and probs Evap, will test again with fmu.

Thank you for your replies and thanks for all the lovely words! Can't believe I ran a marathon still feeling v surreal

Xx

haveacupoftea Tue 25-Apr-17 01:59:46

There's definitely a hint of a shadow of a line on that test!

Runwayqueen Tue 25-Apr-17 18:08:55

Did you try again this morning?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now