Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Cerezette and pregnancy

(8 Posts)
toxitears181 Mon 24-Apr-17 13:08:34

Hi all smile I'm new to this so bare with I have recently just come off cerezette and wanted to start trying for a baby I had unprotected sex last night with my partner and I wondered how long will It take to get pregnant or could I be pregnant right away? Also at what week in your pregnancies did you get symptoms and when should I take a test ? 😊 thanks everyone x

MiddleClassProblem Mon 24-Apr-17 13:13:06

I think mine took 2/3 months also used an app to track ovulation. Fairly sure I only had 2 periods. I thought it would take ages to get drugs out the system but it didn't.
Tested when period 3 was 2 days late. Can't remember having symptoms as such at that point but they came soon after (boobs felt like they had run a marathon on their own and had major doms!) but I felt that time we had dtd that it had worked and it had.

MiddleClassProblem Mon 24-Apr-17 13:13:22

Obviously everyone is different x

Emma2803 Mon 24-Apr-17 13:29:45

Hello, I stopped cerazette in February and it took four weeks before I ovulated for the first time. Then period two weeks later and another three weeks until second ovulation.
Are you tracking your ovulation? Do you think you are ovulating at the minute?
Everyone is different and when they ovulate after stopping contraception will vary.
Also statistically you only have a 20% chance of conceiving each cycle so it's impossible to predict how long it could take, you could be lucky and get pregnant first month of trying or it could take longer.
To improve your chances I would recommend having sex every other day from when your period finishes. (or now in your case if you don't want to wait until your first period arrives)
In terms of when you should test that would be 14 days after you ovulate to get an accurate result.
Also period symptoms can be very similar to early pregnancy symptoms eg sore boobs, nausea, tiredness etc. So not really a reliable indicator for most.

Chattycat78 Mon 24-Apr-17 13:32:46

You could. It could also take 6 months, a year or longer. Impossible to say I'm afraid. I think we tend to think that it will happen straight away because we're taught that not using contraceptives leads to pregnancy - therefore why wouldn't it happen? conception however is more complicated than this and there's also a lot of luck involved.

I'd wait for a missed/late period to do a test for accuracy (you can get early response ones too which allow early testing before missed period), and symptoms usually kick in at around 6 weeks.

toxitears181 Mon 24-Apr-17 14:40:01

I came off the pill and a week later I had a period so I've saved the date on my phone so fingers crossed all goes to plan ! Xxx

MiddleClassProblem Mon 24-Apr-17 14:46:55

APP I used was called period diary. Was good. It shows you when you are likely to be ovulating when you input dates and you can also mark when you did it so you know when you conceived.

MammyK26 Sun 30-Apr-17 12:44:44

So pleased I came across this.
I am ttc. I stopped my cerelle mid pack...10 days in, may of been silly but I thought no time like the present. I've been on it for almost 6 years. Never had any bleeding at all.
Day 2 of stopping I felt the cramps. I didn't know if this was af starting, ovulation or just the pill leaving my body. In the following days I've had the cramps but they've been on one side of the other. I had a bit of a fuzzy head and felt so tired.
Day 5 we dtd as I was sure I was ovulating or about to.
Day 7 and I lost a mucus egg white plug. Not sure if this was the plug the pill had built up in my cervix or if it was ovulation.
I'm now on day 10 and all my cramps have gone and I feel the best I have in years health wise.
I just want to know what is going on in there it's driving me insane.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: