Talk

Advanced search

When did you conceive around ovulation?

(13 Posts)
AmyLouisex Sun 23-Apr-17 18:42:59

Okay so I'm TTC#1 and I'm new to this site, I would say I've been trying for 3 months now but I guess I haven't because of only really learning about the correct times to actually 'do it'
I have a 30/31 day cycle and I'm guessing I'm conceiving in this week
Because my last period was on the 10th of April
I have 'done it' a few times this weekend and was just wondering
Have any of you conceived when it wasn't your exact ovulation day?
Any tips for TTC? Any things I should/shouldn't be doing
Help a girl out x

Emma2803 Sun 23-Apr-17 20:30:07

Hi ya. Are you wondering when do people have sex around their fertile week that leads to conception?

With my son we just had sex the night before I ovulated. This time we just had sex every other night from about day 10 of my cycle. That also coincided with having sex the night before I ovulated and as I knew I had ovulated I didn't bother having sex again for about a week. I just got my positive today.

Do you track your ovulation at all? Either temperature, ovulation tests or cervical fluid? Do you get ovulation pains?
Also do you know sperm can live about 5 days after sex but the egg only lives about 12-24 hours so the sperm are better to be there waiting for the egg to be released for the best chance of conception occurring. And it can take 6-9hours for the sperm to swim through the uterus and up the fallopian tubes to meet the egg.

Oysterbabe Sun 23-Apr-17 20:47:35

I had sex on the day I got my positive OPK and 2 days before that. Apparently the majority of pregnancies are the result of sex on the day of ovulation or the day before ovulation.

AmyLouisex Sun 23-Apr-17 20:52:41

Hey yeah that is what I was wondering
It's a hard one I just don't know when or how to test
I've got an app on my phone which tries to tell you your ovulation day but I mean it's just an app
I don't think I have any symptoms of ovulation I've tried OPK's but never got a positive and I don't know how to check temperature and cervical fluid
I'm new to all this I came off the mini pill in December and my periods came back quick and have been regular but before that I was too young to even know about ovulation so I know nothing so I'm just trying to find some knowledge,
I don't even know what ovulation pain would feel like, I feel so unexperienced and I feel like this is causing my lack of pregnancy

Oysterbabe Sun 23-Apr-17 20:55:05

I would recommend for you that you just have sex every other day from when your period ends until about 8 days before your period is due. That'll definitely cover you.

Emma2803 Sun 23-Apr-17 21:09:26

Yes I agree with oysterbabe, just have sex every other day.
I just did opks, I couldn't get the hang of temperature reading. I found I got a better reading if I did the test at night. And also when I was close to when I thought I might ovulate I did them a few times a day to make sure I didn't miss the surge. Say 11am, 3pm and 9pm.

Some people don't get ovulation pains and I never got them when I was younger but I do now, feels like really bad cramps and just the one side.

AmyLouisex Sun 23-Apr-17 21:55:26

I feel panicky because I have no signs of ovulation so I always think am I actually ovulating, it's just irritating me now sad I think I'll do that, it's such a pain in the bum
Having sex is a lot different when you're doing it to have a child it feels forced and rushed, but got to be done haha

AmyLouisex Sun 23-Apr-17 21:56:20

Thanks oysterbabe I think I will it's definitely a solid idea to do it every other day
The amount of times I did it over the weekend was crazy
I'm baby mad at the moment

Emma2803 Sun 23-Apr-17 22:14:13

My husband called me a sperm hunter!! Lol. I was getting him to do it every other day when, with a 2 year old and a full time job I'm usually a once a fortnight kind of girl!! Lol

AmyLouisex Sun 23-Apr-17 22:21:22

Hahaha well my boyfriend is definitely not complaining grin
He's really getting into it and in my head I'm like god make this the one and he does this thing where he's like 'this is the one that's going to get you pregnant' and I just don't feel that and I keep hearing how women just instantly know like as soon after the boy finishes that was the one to get them pregnant ahhhh
Crazy how we spend our first 18 years or less in life trying to not get pregnant and now here we all are crying every time our period comes because we're not pregnant
It's annoying
Every time before my period I feel symptoms and I get excited and then BFN

Emma2803 Sun 23-Apr-17 22:42:04

There is no way on earth people can know they are pregnant right away, if they tell you they did they are talking crap!!! So just roll your eyes and let them rabbit on!!
Perhaps you are putting a lot of pressure on yourself to conceive quickly, often stress can make things worse.
Also unfortunately pms symptoms are similar to early pregnancy symptoms, a bit annoying really!!

AmyLouisex Mon 24-Apr-17 08:49:11

Emma people are making me go crazy, I've literally read a thread of women saying they knew the day after having sex that they were pregnant AHHHH
This puts a dumper on you because you feel different,
yeah that is the problem PMS and pregnancy symptoms are soooo similar, I always panic though because I have severe anxiety so I google reasons I'm not getting pregnant
and now I'm convinced I either have PCOS or am going through the menopause kill me now

WorshipTheGourd Mon 24-Apr-17 13:55:35

If you are in a long distance r'ship, and you therefore cant DTD every other day throughout your cycle would eod days 14-18 be okay if you are a 28 day cycle?
I have had 1 sided cramps and get EWCM very obviously around day 15/16 each month but realistically we could only get together 1/2 days per month atm?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now