Talk

Advanced search

Late period, dark red/dark brown spotting, negative HPT

(3 Posts)
user1490261811 Sun 23-Apr-17 11:24:33

Hi, I posted last month about stressing out because my periods still hasn't returned about 12 weeks after medical management of a miscarriage. I was panicking that perhaps I had ashermans syndrome. I went to my GP who told me everything was "still in the realms of normal" and to come back in a few months if nothing changed. Very helpful...not!! Anyway, I eventually got a very heavy period and have never been so happy to have it - I desperately want to start TTC again. However this month everything is off again. This is CD 32 and I've had cramping and dark red/dark brown spotting (not even really visible when I wipe, but I've been checking "up there" and there seems to be quite a lot - sorry TMI!) since CD 28, but no sign of my period. I did HPT's on CD 29 and CD 31, both negative. Has anyone been in this situation and if so, what was the outcome? Thanks for reading!

HollyWollyDooDah Sun 23-Apr-17 21:13:33

Sorry about your miscarriage,
I've just been through a couple of hellish weeks with family illness, diagnosis of pcos and moving house problems.
Been ttc for 2 years and surprisingly for the first time in my life (I'm 28) my periods have always been reasonably regular give or take three days, this has been for about 5 months now. Before I was having two weeks between bleeds.
Anyway, I completely missed my period this month, boobs felt a bit sensitive rather than sore and had a couple of nauseous days. Falling asleep early etc. However hpt negative - tried 6 different brands in the end.
Starting to spot on Friday but the tiniest amount and not every wipe.
I had fresh blood yesterday but again hardly anything. Dtd last night - no blood.
Today I've had the tiniest amount of dark brown blood.
Am guessing that it's just a late period due to stress but have gp in morning for something else so will mention it, Friday was cd 37

Maybe you're so stressed about it, your period is a no show? Give it a couple more days then test again if not see your gp?

Good luck and fingers crossed for you xxx

user1490261811 Sun 23-Apr-17 23:16:09

Thanks for your reply and sorry to hear you've been going through a hard time. Sounds like we've been experiencing similar symptoms - I've been feeling nauseous too and my boobs are a bit tender. Think I'm maybe just symptom spotting though. I think you're probably right about the stress. That just stresses me out more though if that makes sense? Worried I'll never have a normal cycle again. I actually had surgical management, not medical, that's why I'm worried about ashermans. Good luck with the GP tomorrow, maybe you could let me know how you get on? xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now