Talk

Advanced search

Fertility questions

(9 Posts)
user1486291035 Fri 21-Apr-17 15:26:05

My husband and I have been trying to conceive since last August without success. My doctor told me a little while ago to go back and see her after a year if nothing had happened but it's really stressing me out. I'm starting to worry that there is something wrong. I don't know whether to wait until August or look into going private to find out some answers. Any advice please?

Oysterbabe Fri 21-Apr-17 16:33:24

How old are you? 9 months is about the average time to conceive so try not to worry.

miwelaisjacydo Fri 21-Apr-17 16:41:53

TTC takes a long time. It's a long road. Me and my DH have been trying for 14 months and in that time have had two concecutive early miscarriages.

It's a horrible process and most Drs won't run test for about 12 months.

user1486291035 Fri 21-Apr-17 17:12:29

I'm nearly 34. I know I'm probably worrying unnecessarily but would just like my mind to put at rest. I am a worrier unfortunately. I know this doesn't help when ttc

WelshMammy123 Fri 21-Apr-17 17:29:25

Hi,

I'm sorry you're feeling the way you are. I'm not sure having tests would necessarily give you the reassurance you need. We were given the very frustrating diagnosis of unexplained infertility - so nothing identifiable wrong. We did get there in the end - it just took us 3 years and a failed ivf before we conceived dd naturally. I guess what I'm saying is you could have the tests, there's nothing wrong, but it still doesn't happen for a while. The best thing you could do to my mind is to find ways to try and stay calm and relaxed (easier said than done I know!!). See your gp in August but perhaps spend the next few months just trying to relax and whilst being aware of your fertile time, not really focused on it if that makes sense? I wish I'd been able to stay calmer when we were ttc #1 as I honestly don't think my stressing over the whole thing helped.

By the way I can't take my own advice as I'm now stressing over ttc #2! X

user1486291035 Fri 21-Apr-17 17:34:19

I have a lot of people telling me not to stress about it but I just don't see how I can't! 😕 I am making more of an effort to relax more about it and go with the flow. I just wish we had started sooner as I also worry we have left it too late. Perhaps we should just take a break next month from the tracking and charting and just see how it goes

NoSuchThing Sat 22-Apr-17 13:30:22

Hi user I've been charting since August, but only on our 5th month of ttc. This cycle I have quit temping and it has made me feel so much better; ttc is no longer the first thing I think about in the morning! Definitely worth a go, you can pick it back up again whenever you want.

onedsrightnow Sat 22-Apr-17 16:07:13

I'm just 36, was ttcing since last June and this month took a break from all the ttc stuff and what do you know, bfp smile I know it's hard but best to relax and just let it flow. Maybe take up a hobby? I found if I was bored, ttcing was all I focused on.

mumof2sofar Sat 22-Apr-17 21:56:54

Are you doing the smep? Are you using opks? Fx it happens for you soon. When we were ttc#1 I went for blood tests as if was taking a while to happen. Some advice - make sure you orgasm after he does as that can help 'suck up' the sperm! And then lie on a pillow with legs in the air! Worked for me grinwink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now