Talk

Advanced search

21 day blood test for progesterone levels - Help please

(7 Posts)
Peachestheg Fri 21-Apr-17 11:18:58

Hi all,

I came off the pill in November 16 and have had 37-39 day cycles since. I went to see my doctor about it and had a hormone level test on day 24 of my cycle.

I have called the doctors surgery and they said my results are in but the doctor has decided not to tell me the results. The receptionist has said "oh you can make an Appoitment if you want to sit down and discuss but if it was anything serious the doctor would have contacted you".

That made me think I shouldn't book an Appoitment with the doctor but I want to know my results. Is this right? Where shall I go from here?

Confused

Scrumptiousbears Fri 21-Apr-17 11:25:51

Is this your first test with your GP?

Oysterbabe Fri 21-Apr-17 11:26:47

I think they should arrange for the Dr to call you at least?

Day 24 seems early for the blood test. My cycles have been 39 days since coming off the pill this time and I don't ovulate until CD25.

Fruitcocktail6 Fri 21-Apr-17 11:30:28

I would definitely book an appointment and find out.

When I had my blood test for the early stage of the cycle they put the results on my medical record. I can see it with the online account I have with my surgery.

Peachestheg Fri 21-Apr-17 11:51:14

Yes this is my first blood test smile I know that's what I thought and would have thought that I wouldn't have ovulated and therefore the test would show up abnormalities. This is why I am confused to as why the doctor has not informed me of my blood test results. I didn't want to seem over eager booking another doctors appointment. But now I am confused at what the results are going to be. There is no online facility at this doctors surgery unfortuantley sad

Dlpdep Fri 21-Apr-17 11:54:02

It should be ovulation plus 7. Day 21 tests are based off a normal cycle. Many GP's poo poo progesterone as an underlying cause for infertility / miscarriage but I can tell you that my 6 year old wouldn't be here without progesterone support during pregnancy. Could you call back and ask to speak to the Dr?

Peachestheg Fri 21-Apr-17 12:07:02

I think I will just go back to her and discuss the findings. But have a feeling that she may just try and plan me off

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now