Talk

Advanced search

Ovulation tests

(9 Posts)
user1471383602 Thu 20-Apr-17 21:50:00

Hi,
Does anyone have experience of ovulation tests? I have been using them for the first time this month. Have tested myself every day since Sunday and every day the test has had a positive result (ie suggesting the LH surge). I was expecting this for a maximum of 2 days. Has anyone else experienced this? Surely I should have ovulated by now and the level dropped again?
Thank you.

onedsrightnow Thu 20-Apr-17 21:51:51

What dpo did you start testing on? What kind of opk's are you using? Is the test line actually darker than the control line?

CatsCantFlyFast Thu 20-Apr-17 21:58:31

If you're using the strip tests two lines does not mean positive. It is only a positive if the test line is darker than the control line

Otherwise, if they really are positive, have you done a pregnancy test

user1471383602 Thu 20-Apr-17 21:59:28

Thanks. I started testing on day 8 (my last cycle was only 24 days so that was what the test recommended - my cycles have been slightly irregular since having my baby, she's now 12 months, still breastfeeding, periods returned in December).

Yes the test line is definitely darker than the control line (and possibly more 'solid').
These are the tests I have: www.amazon.co.uk/d/Fertility-Ovulation-Testing/One-Highly-Sensitive-Ovulation-Fertility/B006J6MO12/ref=sr_1_4_s_it?s=drugstore&ie=UTF8&qid=1492721923&sr=1-4&keywords=ovulation+test&tag=mumsnetforum-21

user1471383602 Thu 20-Apr-17 22:02:13

Sorry notwithoutmyMerkin hadn't seen your message when I wrote my previous reply.
The test line is definitely darker than the control line (and have had OH look at it too and he agrees). I haven't done a preg test, but last period was 9th April (although was very light, but not much to compare to in terms of 'normal' as only had a few periods since baby was born.

CatsCantFlyFast Fri 21-Apr-17 18:49:30

Can you post a pic of your tests? Can you do a pregnancy test?

CatsCantFlyFast Fri 21-Apr-17 18:49:58

Also have you tried, just to rule anything weird out, dipping a test in a glass of water to check it comes up negative

Gunpowder Fri 21-Apr-17 18:52:53

This happened to me and I was pregnant! Think that's most likely, unless you have PCOS or ovulation is delayed for some reason - stress? POAS!

user1471383602 Fri 21-Apr-17 21:42:59

Thanks for all your advice.
I haven't got any pictures of the tests, will take one tomorrow (good idea!), but I did ask OH which line he thought looked darker without him knowing which was which in case I was seeing what I hoped to see and he agreed with my judgement.

Good idea re dipping in a glass of water, wish I'd thought of that before, I actually got my partner to test his urine as wanted to check it wasn't a dodgy batch of strips! (And he's definitely not ovulating ;-)!)

Sounds like a pregnancy test is a good option then, although that's confusing with the bleeding a few days ago (9th April) - could that be implantation bleeding or something? Or could it mean that I was pregnant and had a very early miscarriage which was the bleeding? But my HCG levels are still high so registering on the ovulation test?
LMP was 16th March and then I thought I had another on 9th April.

@Gunpowder congrats! I will do a test, could be stress - recently returned to work after mat leave!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now