Talk

Advanced search

Talk some sense into me

(8 Posts)
Palendrominca Thu 20-Apr-17 17:05:07

I am currently 4 days late, I did a pregnancy test the day after I was due my period as we had a mishap with the contraception this month, it was negative. So I know that this is probably due to the fact that I am still breastfeeding my 10month old, and my cycles are likely to still be irregular, yet I can't stop thinking that I am preganant.

It would definitely be a happy surprise if I was, and I think I am just hoping that I am as if I was being sensible I wouldn't be trying for another baby for at least 6 months.

So I need you all to tell me to believe the pregnancy test and not to start obsessively peeing on sticks.

MrsL2016 Thu 20-Apr-17 17:49:18

I think the usual advice is if you have a negative test but your AF still doesn't show then test again in 5/7 days time. Good luck

Palendrominca Thu 20-Apr-17 18:49:02

Thanks MrsL, going to try not to test until Monday, fully expect my period to have started by then anyway. But I am very weak willed.

Palendrominca Fri 21-Apr-17 09:09:32

Well, I am very weak willed, I took a pregnancy test this morning (3 days after my negative result) and it turns out i am pregnant. In shock, but happy. Can't believe I'll have 2 under 2 this time next year!

Chattycat78 Fri 21-Apr-17 09:15:21

I got a bfp when my baby was 9 months old so similar to you! I then had 2 under 2 for a while (17 month age gap!).

Out of curiosity, what was your contraception mishap? Asking because I really don't want one of those now!!shock

Lovelybeano Fri 21-Apr-17 09:46:44

Congratulations!! Im in a similar situation here, but I dare not test! my youngest is about to turn 11 months and we're breastfeeding , oh decided to dip into the ocean but not finish, foolish I know! I'm due today , but I've had a funny feeling. We took the kids to macdonalds on Monday and had to go through the drive through because I couldn't stand the smell then I was so sick last night, I'm wondering whether it's just pms or the oh is in for a shock because we had said no more! haha

Palendrominca Fri 21-Apr-17 09:55:42

You survived chattycat so hopefully I will as well, I must be mad as dd is still up in the night.

We were using condoms and it wasn't put on right. blush we were unlucky though as according to my period app we were outside of the fertile window.

I am already feeling nauseous lovelybeano, wasn't sure whether it was all in my head or not. Good luck I hope you get the answer you are hoping for!

Lovelybeano Fri 21-Apr-17 10:45:43

I've just had a bfn, so maybe I've got a bug - I need to steer away from testing for a week or so! I have to point out that I didn't give my 11 month old a macdonalds haha I also have a 10 & 6 year old! Thinking about it, that day I obviously didn't want a macdonalds but did have a milkshake - I was convinced that they'd given me banana not vanilla milkshake so I gave it to my oh, everyone else had a taste and said it was definitely vanilla!! Hormones are very strange aren't they! I don't mind either way , and I don't think oh would be disappointed tbh. Time will tell!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now