Talk

Advanced search

Advice please

(9 Posts)
sillysausage16 Thu 20-Apr-17 15:16:46

Hi all. My fiancé and I have decided to try for a baby. I'm 36 so would like to conceive as quick as possible. What is a good ovulation tester thing to get? I really haven't a clue it's been 10 years since I had ds shock

Hippychic79 Thu 20-Apr-17 15:21:10

I use the clear blue dual ones but they're quite expensive ... the boots ones are good too xxx

sillysausage16 Thu 20-Apr-17 15:30:28

Thank you. I really have no idea where to start xx

Hippychic79 Thu 20-Apr-17 16:26:57

You're welcome. It does take a few months to get to know your cycles and opks definitely help pinpoint ovulation. I've never tried the internet cheapies - I don't want to have to interpret a line ... I like the yes or no smiley face smile if you fancy some support the Pma thread I set up is lovely although I am bias 😂

Oysterbabe Thu 20-Apr-17 19:58:17

I like the one step cheapies smile You can see the line gradually darkening then turn positive then fade out. And you can do lots of them as you near positive to pinpoint the surge because they cost almost nothing.

sillysausage16 Fri 21-Apr-17 15:22:07

I have no idea how long my cycle is as it never seems regular. And I occasionally spot for a few days before I properly come on so can't even say for certain what day I start

MaryShelley1818 Fri 21-Apr-17 16:42:26

I used the One Step cheapies, Pre Seed and also monitored my BBT. Conceived on cycle 6 and currently 6wks pregnant with my first baby.
I found the One Step cheapies really easy to use and follow...I entered all my data in the Ovia app too x

Sazwest Fri 21-Apr-17 17:35:25

What are one step ? X

mumof2sofar Sat 22-Apr-17 22:29:43

I used the dual hormone clear blue ones too for dc#2 & conceived quickly. Also used smep. Just a quick word about gender- you know if you use opks to conceive you're more likely to conceive a boy apparently.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now